Question DNS rebinding attacks

VPN and DNS
188 Replies 12,124 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.
Thank you; this worked.
But still no luck with the test.
I am using 3 extensions: Privacy Badger, Osprey, and SafeToOpen .
I also have static ipv6 addresses and ipv6 dns addresses specified too. ( google dns: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844 )
I also have a MikroTik router/VLAN/firewall, pretty basic firewall rules: block incoming TCP/UDP 135,137-139,445.
I am on Linux.

Maybe some of them made the difference ?
 
If you get this Edge, you'll get it in Chrome, Brave, Opera, Vivaldi, SRWare Iron, Ungoogled Chromium and other Chromium based browsers; no need to install any of them. This is why I specifically mentioned Firefox as it's completely different and DoH works in a different way
All with passed test using FF?
 
I am using 3 extensions: Privacy Badger, Osprey, and SafeToOpen .
I also have static ipv6 addresses and ipv6 dns addresses specified too. ( google dns: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and 2001:4860:4860::8844 )
I also have a MikroTik router/VLAN/firewall, pretty basic firewall rules: block incoming TCP/UDP 135,137-139,445.

Maybe some of them made the difference ?
Using a large arsenal to the extent you do not have to worry about dns rebinding attacks 😎
 
All with passed test using FF?
I don't understand what you're asking.
I tried free dns providers only.
ControlD allows you to setup any ControlD DNS server including the free ones. You just need to enter resolver ID of free one and that is it. For example, resolver ID for HaGeZi Pro Plus is x-hagezi-proplus. Enter this and click on Connect.

Once you do this, ControlD Free DNS will be applied system-wide, meaning all apps will use it over DoH/3 protocol. Then go and run the test to see if it helped. If it didn't, something is either wrong with your network settings or your system installation.
 
Nah, DRP is a seperate feature, so it shouldn't be related. Then I am out of ideas also. :(
AI Protection has features that double down or complement some standard features.

Opera Instantâneo_2025-11-30_022537_www.asusrouter.com.png


Opera Instantâneo_2025-11-30_022206_www.google.com.png
 
With NextDNS and Cloudflare Gateway DNS, I get "You are not vulnerable to DNS Rebinding Attacks" on Vivaldi, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.
I get the same with NextDNS and AdGuard DNS; never tried Cloudflare gateway, but for free, public cloudflare, it does not pass.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Back
Top