Need Help Do I need to keep MB anti-Exploit turned on with KIS?

Discussion in 'Apps - Questions & Help' started by ItsReallyMe, Dec 24, 2017.

1. ItsReallyMe

ItsReallyMe Level 2

Dec 21, 2017
    Model
    Los Angeles
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Operating System:
    WIN 10
    OS Architecture:
    64-bit
    I installed malwarebyte's premium but only enabled Web protection and Exploit protection,Do I need to keep MB anti-Exploit turned on with KIS?

bribon77, askalan and Syafiq like this.
  2. Syafiq

Syafiq Level 7

May 8, 2017
    Student
    Indonesia
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    No, you don't need anything from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, KIS is suffcient :) I would install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as an on-demand scanner :)

3. Spawn

Spawn Administrator
    Staff Member Content Creator

Jan 8, 2011
    It's advised to run only ONE Antivirus application with Real-Time protection.

If you have NOT purchased a Malwarebytes Premium license, then it is SAFE to uninstall using Windows Control Panel
    How-To: Uninstall Malwarebytes 3 using the Wind... | Official Malwarebytes Support

If you have purchased a Premium license, you can Deactivate your Malwarebytes License
    Deactivate Malwarebytes for Windows Premium | Official Malwarebytes Support

You can also use the method above to revert to the free version, if you wish to continue using Malwarebytes as an on-demand scanner.​

Bottom line: Operating the latest version of Windows 10 with Kaspersky Internet Security will suffice, alongside your Backup and Recovery strategy.

4. omidomi

omidomi Level 61
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 5, 2014
    Fallout New Vegas :D
    Windows 8.1
    Kaspersky
    KIS is enuogh for your protection you need to follow @Spawn "cm" :geek:

5. Umbra

Umbra From Emsisoft
    Developer

May 16, 2011
    Community manager
    Vietnam & France
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    A security suite shouldn't be part of a layered config because it is supposed to covers most pf the layers.

Syafiq and harlan4096 like this.