SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I use the smaller taskbar buttons, but keep the taskbar on the bottom of the screen..
I also use the smaller sized desktop Icons, and rename/edit some of the Icon names...(like removing the word "Free")
I am on Windows 10 and this is what My Desktop looks like :)
Do exactly the same minus the desktop icons.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I auto hide the taskbar, use dark theme, my laptop is often connected to a 55" 4k TV so I increase icon size or they are tiny lol, I also use rainmeter for adding some widgets. Heres my current desktop
Screenshot (2).png

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
Hi,
I customize Windows 10 appearance with integrated options only
- Task bar at the top - small size
- Desktop : some few icons on the top left and bottom right - small size
- most important apps on the start menu
- The wallpaper of my Desktop is a random image from mainly the 120 Wallpapers HD pack, updated every minutes (27 inch Screen)
desktop.jpg

Last edited:

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I'm always fiddling around with the appearance and tweaking the looks & stuff cause I get bored quickly!:cool:
Auto hide task bar, moving stuff around, the list goes on...........
Oh, and I'm a wallpaper addict, not just a grass addict!!:p:p

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
On windows 7 I could anything I wanted, I learned the "how's and how to's" and could tweak it till all and I mean all areas were custom to the max.
I like Sheep get bored and tinker :p
I have only modded win10 a little, compared to win7, but as I learn its querks and tollerences and get bored and cagy like in the winter, I will most likely start making it mine ;)
Someone I define as a Mod God on windows is Umbra, I have seen some of his work and he is good.

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
On windows 7 I could anything I wanted, I learned the "how's and how to's" and could tweak it till all and I mean all areas were custom to the max.
I like Sheep get bored and tinker :p
I have only modded Windows 10 a little, compared to Windows 7, but as I learn its querks and tollerences and get bored and cagy like in the winter, I will most likely start making it mine ;)
Someone I define as a Mod God on windows is Umbra, I have seen some of his work and he is good.

Watch this space, lol!! Every new wallpaper's gonna start popping up and you'll see how bad I am with them!:p Like Fedora, who changed his avatar every 5 minutes:eek::p

Hadden

Level 2
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Yup, I like to mess with system dll/registry XD
On win10 I use customized Aeroglass (I love aero frames) and taskbarblur, a registry policy for fix network between xp and 10, a tweak registry for having dark theme on explorer (on 32'' there's still too much white), a registry tweak for hide double usb drives and to hide onedrive (I currently don't use it), the tweak for fast start (menushowdelay), and obviously rotating wallpapers of every genre (nature, toons, comics ecc ecc) and custom mouse cursors (electric blue).
I don't use classic shell anymore; I'm trying to give a chance to 10 start (which works slightly better now).

On XP, I had an Aero Theme and explorer "mod" which was like Vista but faster. Something wonderful XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.