Do you have a Companion AV as well as your main AV?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 333v73x
  • Start date

Do you use a Companion Anti-Virus? If so which one.

• Zemana Anti-Malware Premium

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • Webroot SecureAnywhere

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Immunet Free/Pro

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
S

Smith83

Thread author
MBAM is dying because of all these multi-engine companions...

No it is dying because the detection rate is going down the toilet, the also destroyed Junkware Removal Tool since they acquired it. IMO...

Google Malwarebytes now no internet, seems like they should implement something like winsock reset to the fix process....
It is just trash, and so many people swear by it????

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I recently (a few months ago) purchased a license for and installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium, and it is now running along my COMODO Internet Security (CIS is running my personal custom configuration). They perform very well together, they are a mighty potent combination! (and very light too) :D

H

hjlbx

Thread author
I use companion AV if I suspect something is not quite right.

I make no big deal about having companion AV on my system.

If I need it I turn to Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro (initial response depends upon what type of infection I suspect).

If I suspect RootKit, clean install OS.

If it is something I can't figure out, then guess what... ?

Clean install OS (15 mins). :D

I don't even mess with utilities like ComboFix, GMER, IT Hurricane's Power Tool, TDSS Killer, etc, etc, etc (way too many to list here - and not even worth creating the list in my opinion).

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I use companion AV if I suspect something is not quite right.

If I need it I turn to Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Malwarebytes or Hitman Pro (initial response depends upon what type of infection I suspect).

If I suspect RootKit, clean install OS.

If it is something I can't figure out, then guess what... ?

Clean install OS (15 mins). :D

I don't even mess with utilities like ComboFix, GMER, IT Hurricane's Power Tool, TDSS Killer, etc, etc, etc (way too many to list here - and not even worth creating the list in my opinion).

if i suspect anything , Roooooooooooollllllbaaaaaaaaaaaaacccck Rxxxxxxxxxxx :D

10sec later im good , i know that is painful for you to hear this hahahahahaha :p

H

hjlbx

Thread author
if i suspect anything , Roooooooooooollllllbaaaaaaaaaaaaacccck Rxxxxxxxxxxx :D

10sec later im good , i know that is painful for you to hear this hahahahahaha :p

I start complaining and jeering on HDS website.

Maybe it motivate HDS to fix issues (I don't think their team know how in this case - very difficult problem - so need outside help).

Without Rollback RX I am scroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowed !

Oh, I want my Rollback RX !

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
I use companion AV (ZAM in this case) just for the real-time protection. It act as my secondary detection if my main AV get bypass. One observation I got is when there is installation. EAM (in my case) scans and then allow it to run, but ZAM quarantine it (due to Pandora's Real Time). But of course, nth should get passed if NVT ERP in Lockdown mode.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
My AV is Advanced System Ultimate, at the latest until I move to a new computer. It has the Bitdefender engine, and it's the lightest AV I've ever used, and I have used Avast, Panda free, Webroot, and Roboscan in the past.

I have just acquired a year's giveaway of Zemana Anti-Malware but haven't set it up yet.

I'm surprised people are speaking of Malwarebytes Premium as an AV. I don't think the company considers it to be one.

I used Panda free and Webroot together for a while in 2013. I did not find them conflicting. I uninstalled Panda free because I didn't like its lack of configurability and because it was acting as a processing hog in the first 10-15 minutes after startup.

I am also of the impression that Zemana doesn't consider Anti-Malware to be an AV.

H

hjlbx

Thread author
My AV is Advanced System Ultimate, at the latest until I move to a new computer. It has the Bitdefender engine, and it's the lightest AV I've ever used, and I have used Avast, Panda free, Webroot, and Roboscan in the past.

I have just acquired a year's giveaway of Zemana Anti-Malware but haven't set it up yet.

I'm surprised people are speaking of Malwarebytes Premium as an AV. I don't think the company considers it to be one.

I used Panda free and Webroot together for a while in 2013. I did not find them conflicting. I uninstalled Panda free because I didn't like its lack of configurability and because it was acting as a processing hog in the first 10-15 minutes after startup.

I am also of the impression that Zemana doesn't consider Anti-Malware to be an AV.

It is AV since it uses signature detection.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.