Advice Request Do you open tabs in a new window or a new tab?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

How do you open new links; tabs or windows?

• Open links in a new window

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Open links in a new tab

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Do you open tabs in a new window or a new tab? Is opening each tab in a new window better than opening in a new tab and why?

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Never got into too much thinking of that, for me It's more convenient to open new tabs in the same window.
16GB RAM, so I don't worry too much about if one or the other has a greater memory impact.

I use an extension called Sidebery (Firefox), it makes tabs more manageable (I know, more extensions- greater security risk).

Reactions: amirr and plat

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I decided to open each tab in a new window like the old days. It gives me less distractions and more focus.

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
I decided to open each tab in a new window like the old days. It gives me less distractions and more focus.
I do something similar. I have three browser profiles, each for different purpose.
So in that sense, I use multiple windows with open tabs in them. I also use the "pin" option, to have the most used sites at my disposal at any time.

Reactions: amirr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.