Do you recommend Baidu ?

Do you recommend Baidu ?

• Total voters
M

MalwareT

Thread author
I'd like to try Baidu Antivirus, is it good or bad antivirus ?

Lailson

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 3, 2014
No.
I do not recommend Baidu, there are better options on the market, such as the family Qihoo software, Avast and Avira win this.
I do not agree with the practices that Baidu uses to promote his product, is a very aggressive way. Escape ...

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
360is better but baidu is good :)

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
When I had Mcafee a while back it did flag JRT as suspicious. Other than that I have no clue.

Reactions: MalwareT

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
No I don't recommend it because it is always best to stick the the well established basic AV's.
(Avast, Avira, MSE, Panda Cloud, AVG, etc.)

I also don't recommend Qihoo 360, I simply don't trust Chinese-based AV's because of many of their previous actions.
The AV market in China is at war with each other (Baidu, Qihoo, Rising) all have been involved in some really bad dirty activity.

Just Google and will find out more why you should not trust Chinese AV's.

Enjoy!! :D

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I have had only Good Luck using 360 Antivirus products. They have caught a lot of nasty things. If your talking about spying then I am not concerned as I have nothing of any importance on my home computer so, if they are spying on me they are wasting their time IMO. If I had a Business computer then I would use Norton.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.