Serious Discussion Do You Remember that F8 Boot From USB Problem I had a few months ago ? I found the fix.

annaegorov

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Forum Veteran
I had to reboot the pc then right when the lights on my keyboard appeared, I had to insert the USB (Bootable) to see it in the bios.

So it was the only time I had ever experienced this. I thought it was Asus.... NOPE, yep, you guessed it, it was Windows 11.

By default The F8 key is disabled. To fix you have to enter the bios turn off "Fast Boot"..... Then run this command via CMD (as Admin): bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy

Now I insert the USB anytime I wish, restart, press F8 several times, and I can choose to boot from the usb or Win11.

Just passing on the info
 
Thanks for sharing your solution! This will definitely help others facing the same issue. It's interesting how sometimes the issue lies not with the hardware but with the software settings.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top