Question Do you remember these programs? Are they still alive?

Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.
Does anyone remember WinPatrol?
Yes, (y)
1755654415330.png
 
Sadly Bill aka WinPatrol died and so sadly did his software. I think it was sold or passed on but was never the same.

Anyone remember ComboFix made by sUBs? Pretty good software for it's time.

Reminiscing is great but this shows you how far we have come in security software and practices from the early XP/2000/98 days. We should be happy that much progress has been made (y)
 
Last edited:
I liked the Sygate firewall I used for some time & Winpatrol which had a barking Scotty dog for reasons I forget, I thought someone took that program over but I don't think it ever amounted to much? Spybot also, I missed some of those when they disappeared - I used the Gibson Research Shields Up site, just looked and its still there :eek::eek:
 
I'm sure some members got this bundled on their motherboard.
I got one when I built my machine during University days.
Mine had this and it took an eternity to install. Early Norton installations (before Norton 2009) were extremely slow and often featured uncles and aunties (rotating as a slideshow).1755677356842.gif
 
Winpatrol became a mainstay of my security set up during the windows 2000 to windows 7 years. Scotty`s on patrol...Woof! Which could be heard when you were away from the PC alerting you to something going on.

Prevx 3 was a nice piece of software from those days, before it morphed into Webroot .

Regards Eck:)
yes this dog voice...Now i remembered the pig sound of kaspersky antivirus!
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top