I only remember the name but never user it just like Online Armor, Threatfire and Ad-aware.Does anyone remember WinPatrol?
But I remember using Spybot S&D religiously.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
I only remember the name but never user it just like Online Armor, Threatfire and Ad-aware.Does anyone remember WinPatrol?
Does anyone remember WinPatrol?
I remember their antivirus, but can't remember their anti-malware software, although most likely I used it at some point.Ashampoo had an interesting security software journey, they were selling their own anti-malware based on Avira, at one point they were selling Emsisoft rebrand.
I don’t think they do any anti-malware at the moment.
I did too when I bought a custom made PC at the end of 1999. I liked it because it was very stable. In those days, due to the lack of memory protection in Windows, a buggy antivirus could cause system instability.I'm sure some members got this bundled on their motherboard.
PcCillin - Amoxcicillin....catchy name thouI did too when I bought a custom made PC at the end of 1999. I liked it because it was very stable. In those days, due to the lack of memory protection in Windows, a buggy antivirus could cause system instability.
Yup, one of my earlier setups was Avast, Win Patrol and Online Armour.Does anyone remember WinPatrol?
I think I might have used online-armor before.The name does have a familiar ring to it.
WinPatrol? I believe so? Could be wrong! But I remember reading something along those lines on forums back in the day.Bill Pytlovany from BillP Studios died?!? Oh damn. Well now I miss Scotty.
I believe he's still alive.WinPatrol? I believe so? Could be wrong! But I remember reading something along those lines on forums back in the day.
Mine had this and it took an eternity to install. Early Norton installations (before Norton 2009) were extremely slow and often featured uncles and aunties (rotating as a slideshow).I'm sure some members got this bundled on their motherboard.
I got one when I built my machine during University days.

yes this dog voice...Now i remembered the pig sound of kaspersky antivirus!Winpatrol became a mainstay of my security set up during the windows 2000 to windows 7 years. Scotty`s on patrol...Woof! Which could be heard when you were away from the PC alerting you to something going on.
Prevx 3 was a nice piece of software from those days, before it morphed into Webroot .
Regards Eck![]()
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes