Do you Shutdown, Sleep, or Hibernate your Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naqeeb

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2016
often, i don't shutdown my PC just use hibernate. whenever i haven't any active task running i shutdown my pc after job is done. I think shutdown make more efficient performance of pc.

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
Well - Windows 8 and later with fast startup for me (technically hibernate I suppose...) - used to shutdown.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Mainly because mine is a laptop, I typically just let my laptop sleep if I don't use it for a few minutes or hours. But when I go to sleep at night, I shut the laptop down. :)

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
Desktops (mine & wife's) are always on; has been for about 25+ years. (No, not the same desktop.)
Laptop usually gets shut down; it's fast, so I don't know that there's any difference between hibernate and off (other than bad juju with hibernate/sleep modes).
Surface (hers) is always on...it's a mobile device.

Reactions: aragornnnn

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I shut mine down every night but I have it automatically boot up within the bios at 5:30 am because it gives a chance to do all the downloads before everyone wakes up and I head off to Uni.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I shut mine down every night but I have it automatically boot up within the bios at 5:30 am because it gives a chance to do all the downloads before everyone wakes up and I head off to Uni.
Thanks for that idea! :)
I have no idea that can be done.
I'll maybe try that in the future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.