Do you turn off your wifi router when going to bed and why?

Do you turn off your wifi router when going to bed and why?

• Total voters

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
2 billion or 3 trillion or whatever in your country who use the router they never know its you they know as 2 billion or 3 trillion. if you hide something from the GOV as you are a h@cker or something then yes obv and if not then leave it you are like everyone it's not big deal..
Nice try FBI!! You'll never get my chihuaha's social security number!! Try and convince me as much as you want, I know all your dirty tricks!!

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
19-36-47.gif

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Yes, I do. It's a known fact modern devices are government trackers and, just like owls, are night operators, deploying all the shady spying scripts past midnight when you sleep.

Router ON at night? Yeah, no thank you, I like my privacy PRIVATE!!!!!!!!!!111
I agree. I turn it off at night. Or when I go out. Only my computer is connected to the modem. No more device.

poopdookie

Level 2
Feb 11, 2021
Am I crazy for thinking how disruptive this could be (especially in a highly populated area)? Your Wi-Fi turning on and off might cause conflicts with other wireless networks depending on available channels etc. Also, unless you are using a vpn/dns service, wouldn't all the spy apps queue all the logs and wait until you are off of your home network/wifi comes back? I get that you are protecting yourself why you sleep I guess though.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Am I crazy for thinking how disruptive this could be (especially in a highly populated area)? Your Wi-Fi turning on and off might cause conflicts with other wireless networks depending on available channels etc. Also, unless you are using a vpn/dns service, wouldn't all the spy apps queue all the logs and wait until you are off of your home network/wifi comes back? I get that you are protecting yourself why you sleep I guess though.
My comments are 100% meme, I never turn my router off, I fall asleep watching Youtube, imagine the mobile data consumption LOL

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.