Does Adguard Slows your Browsing Experience?

Does Adguard Slows your Browsing Experience?

• Yes

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • I have not used AdGuard

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christian Aquino

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 11, 2015
Just like what the title says. Does it? I've already tried it and it seems to slow it down but I'm not too sure because maybe its just my imagination or I'm trying to convince myself that it does.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
A little impact on startup time but I haven't noticed any impact on my browsing experience.

Christian Aquino

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 11, 2015
Nope it doesnot slow down your browsing infact it speeds it up ;)
And with AG6 when image compression technology comes into play it'll be faster than what it is even now.

@Christian Aquino if you share your setup, maybe we can find the root cause as if not configured properly, it can lead to normal browsing experience(still not slow though)
By setup do you mean the antivirus, security software,etc I'm using? If yes, then I'm currently using Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 alongside Adguard. As for extensions in my browser, I have a few but I think they don't really affect the browsing speed.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Christian Aquino, it is most likely safe to trust your observations are correct for your particular system & configuration. I have personally only used the Adguard extension on both Google Chrome & Opera where slowdowns observed were, in most cases, caused by software & security patches by Windows, Chrome, or on some occasions:eek: both.
Having read some of the testimonial replies here, even using the full program might not be the true culprit, but if your delays are truly only minimal then it's very possible slight delays (in browser speed?) or with your system's performance in general, might be the result of any number of a myriad of other programs such as your browser.

Last edited:

Christian Aquino

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 11, 2015
Ok, I was not exactly saying that but since you mentioned it, here I go
When you are comparing speed, compare it with the following scenario:-
  1. Browsing speed with all the security setup and without adguard.
  2. Browsing speed with all the security setup and with adguard.
Don't compare it without any security system and with all the security system & adguard in place.
Because you may never know, whether it's adguard or one of your security apps that's slowing it.
Web monitoring, protocol scanning,etc. are all the names that do slow down browsing no matter how much little, if you know their working.

Now, what I was asking was about your Adguard setup. :)
Hmm. Okay. Thanks. I actually don't know what my setup is. haha(Newbie here. T-T). I just installed it with it's default settings and all.

Reactions: frogboy

Christian Aquino

Level 1
Thread author
Jul 11, 2015
Security apps have been known to have conflicts with Adguard but as I know it all the major ones(and others too) have been handled to by the Devs.
Just one question have you set your browser to open ur Homepage on browser startup?
Yes. :D

Reactions: Then

reyes

Level 4
Verified
Sep 5, 2013
Security apps have been known to have conflicts with Adguard but as I know it all the major ones(and others too) have been handled to by the Devs.
Just one question have you set your browser to open ur Homepage on browser startup?
Yup.... i have set https://encrypted.google.com/ as my homepage and set my browser to open homepage

Reactions: Then

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Even though I use Adguard extension (not for Windows), it holds pretty minimal footprint for usage and slowdowns are not fully exist in my personal view. Browsing still varies on server response to retrieve the information. ;)

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
Browser extension is fine. Program slows computer down in both browsing and boot up. Boot up is considerably affected no matter what AV or other software I was running. In general, Adguard isn't my cup of tea. It's the best program based adblocker you can get. The other ones slow the computer down far more than Adguard do and don't block ads nearly as well.

Rolo

Level 18
Verified
Jun 14, 2015
I don't know about the Adguard software but the extension will, if anything, speed things up proportional to what it is blocking.

Bitdefender is likely your slowdown on boot and on browse. You can use Autorun Organizer to check boot-times and stagger boot processes. cf. http://www.chemtable.com/autorun-organizer.htm

With only BD Traffic Light, I may be noticing a browsing slowdown (still weighing it).

If you're going to performance test, you have to have your system identical for each and every test run. That means, at a minimum, CCleaner everything and then some with CCEnhancer every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.