Advice Request Does Bitdefender activates the license upon purchase or just after installing the software

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Bitdefender has a promotion in my country right now and I can basically buy a 10 machines license for 3 years by the price it would cost me to purchase a 3 machines license for two years from Kaspersky. But I still have more than one year on my current Kaspersky License and would rather buy and store the Bitdefender license for next year.

Reactions: AnonMan and Moi61

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
From what i remember, i think it is from when you install it. Is it worth saving it for a year because BD does promotions quite regularly. It might be worth checking with BD first in case my information is wrong.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
From what i remember, i think it is from when you install it. Is it worth saving it for a year because BD does promotions quite regularly. It might be worth checking with BD first in case my information is wrong.

I think I'll wait... it just that huge discounts always call my attention :)

A Brand new 10 machines license from Bitdefender with the discount is actually cheaper with heir current price than renewing my Kaspersky license with 30% discount :)

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
We all get swayed with discounts but the money is better in your pocket for 1 year than sitting doing nothing. It does sound like a good deal though.

Moi61

Level 2
Verified
Mar 19, 2016
Bitdefender has a promotion in my country right now and I can basically buy a 10 machines license for 3 years by the price it would cost me to purchase a 3 machines license for two years from Kaspersky. But I still have more than one year on my current Kaspersky License and would rather buy and store the Bitdefender license for next year.
Hello mlnevese, you can keep it until such time you will activate it. I had purchased a license a year before and activated it just this year. As long as you did not use it to activate the software program it will remain unused.

mlnevese

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I think I'll just download the current version and use it for a few days before buying anything. No point paying less if their software causes trouble in my machine and I'm forced to use another solution.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Bitdefender's countdown begins when you enter the key into your BD account and download the installer stub. The software will be automatically activated. I have a few BDTS/BD Family subscriptions that I've stashed away for future use. Got them at a great price.

Reactions: mlnevese
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.