Assigned Does ZAL use > 100 MB RAM?

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Hi,

I wish that ZAM 3.0 would have an Anti keylogger feature so I could remove ZAL 2.0 so I could save over 100 MB of ram having to run the program just for an anti-keylogger. I turn off Real-time protection because I am using ZAM 3.0. I guess when you turn off ZAL real-time protection it doesn't unload the signatures from memory I guess.

This screenshot may look like Zemana Anti Malware but it is Zemana Anti Malware's real-time protection module I believe, also it has the ZAL program icon for the proccess.

I think this may the only process for ZAM 3.0 possibly.

AriDfoix

Level 3
Verified
Sep 2, 2018
I can speak only for the ZAM beta actually, the Idle usage is really low; it has a jumping during scan to near 100% CPU usage, but many scanners do that, to end first the scan, I don't like that much, but not my choice. Sometime is better wait a minute more, but going slower. Someone else will say better faster, so is hard to say. :eek:

xsX0L08.png

Idle Usage.

Wr1Yahd.png

During Scan, but the CPU go even up more.

Not sure about ZAL, from what I see is not using newer engine.

Regards :)

Actually all the third party antimalware that I use, except one do the booster during the scan, sometime the fan of the laptop is so loud hehe...

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.