Troubleshoot Dolby Driver Issues Windows 10

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
"The current Dolby Digital Plus audio drier version is 7.6.4.9 and the software application expects driver version 7.5.1.1. Please install a valid driver and software application combination.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
Repair Dolby installation
Realtek driver version 6.0.1.7535
Lenovo Y50-70 running Windows 10.
Couldn't find Dolby installer on Lenovo's website.

L

LabZero

I recommend that you disable anti-virus whilst performing driver updates. This will improve driver installation reliability. Always remember to re-enable your anti-virus afterwards.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did you uninstall the Conexant Audio driver from Device Manager?

Upvote 0

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
4vg3z9.png

To clarify, this is a Lenovo Y50-70, not a Z50-70 (I don't see any Conexant Audio Driver).

Upvote 0

ThirdPerson

Aug 24, 2015
Hi there mate! Actually I might have a solution for you if you're still having trouble fixing the issue. So basically what I've done is pretty much downloading the newest audio REALTEK drivers for Lenovo y50-70. After downloading it you just execute it and a foulder should appear in the C: disk called "drivers" and there should be a folder called "Audio Drivers" and then you just install the Realtek drivers after all the uninstalling and installing you go to the same folder again and there is a folder called "DS1" there you will find two installers "Dolby Digital Plus HT" that was the one I needed cause it's the Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater and the other one is "Dolby Digital Plus AA" didn't use it, but I think it's the Advanced Audio one. So yeah tell me if it worked or not. Mine doesn't appear on startup, so I have to turn it manually, but yeah atleast it works fine :) Cheers!

Reactions: advanced_skill
Upvote 0

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
@ThirdPerson Thank you for your help! Actually, I only needed to reinstall the Dolby application because my audio drivers were already the latest version.
PS: Before, when this application was working, I also had to manually turn it on during startup.

BTW, welcome to MalwareTips!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.