Advice Request Download Accelerator Manager

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
A new RC version of DAM is posted on official site.
Download Accelerator Manager - Fastest Download Manager!
Previously 2x speed was there in the free version. Now free version gives 10x speed. It seems clear of craps i.e no ads, popups, etc... And looks like IDM & good.

Anyone using DAM? Share your experience plzz.
I dont see much about DAM on the internet. Is DAM safe & trusted to use? If its safe to use will give it a try.
I tried under Shadow Defender & dont like that it requires .Net 3.2.

Reactions: Logethica

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
It's safe and trusted. I didn't like it before because of it's 2 threads limitation and that of it's poor media download capability. Also DAM has free and paid software model which is not to my liking, when there are plenty of better totally freeware alterantives like EagleGet, XDM, Download Ninja and FDM. I might check this version out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Seems very similar to Eagleget or IDM, plus the both of them have download acceleration built into them already. So this extension is really just another download manager IMO.

Tried it in my sandbox, download speeds seem the same as my current with EagleGet.

Reactions: Kuttz

Hangtooth

Level 5
Verified
Dec 5, 2015
I've been using downthemall for years, but it only works with Firefox sadly. If you use Firefox, I'd say it's worth checking out. The multiple threads routinely max out my 50 Mbps DSL line. Pause/resume, queuing up lots of downloads all work flawlessly (for me, every machine is different). Have never heard anything sinister about it. DownThemAll!

It's doesn't have as many functions as DAM, but I really like it and it has a lot of users and good reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.