Download Manager - Which one would you recommend?

which is best among these two download managers with good download speed and supports youtube downlo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

What is the company information of EagleGet download manager?

D

Deleted member 2913

I am trying the latest IDM.

In Google Chrome, for video download, IDM Download this Video tab is only showing MKV - 360p (Checked few HD videos on Youtube), is this correct or prob here?

In IE, its showing fine i.e 240, 360, 480, 720, 1080p, etc... Some videos in IE too it shows only 1-2 media format but Youtube shows all media format.

Anyone with IDM latest & IE latest & Google Chrome latest can confirm?
Win 7 64

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
My vote goes to EagleGet for free, FDM can't download video files properly most of the time.. Otherwise, I'd recommend Firefox extensions called : DownThemAll! and Video Download Helper.

Last edited:
Y

yigido

My vote goes to EagleGet for free, FDM can't download video files correctly most of the time.. Otherwise, I'd recommend Firefox extensions called : DownThemAll! and Video Download Helper.
If I have no IDM key ( I won it from MT giveaway) :cool:
I will use EagleGet too, and in Firefox based browsers these add-ons are great :) I agreed to you

Reactions: Sven and Sr. Normal
S

Sr. Normal

My first choice has always been Jdownloader , since I use it on linux and I know it . Download all pages , simultaneous downloads fast ... but honestly , I do not like the new version, so I decided to try.

Then i tested EagleGet, but it not download videos of all pages , so I uninstalled and has a hard uninstallation, gave me enough trouble .

I then installed Download Ninja and is very fast and download anywhere. I am really satisfied with it.

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
If you are using firefox use downloadthemall and for chrome you can coccoc browser, torch browser, comodo dragon all come with inbuild video downloaders.. i found comodo's extension the best and I have repacked it to use in 7star browser and its absolutely awesome... :)

Screenshot (9).png

Reactions: Sr. Normal

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
I am trying the latest IDM.

In Google Chrome, for video download, IDM Download this Video tab is only showing MKV - 360p (Checked few HD videos on Youtube), is this correct or prob here?

In IE, its showing fine i.e 240, 360, 480, 720, 1080p, etc... Some videos in IE too it shows only 1-2 media format but Youtube shows all media format.

Anyone with IDM latest & IE latest & Google Chrome latest can confirm?
Win 7 64
Hi, I've tried downloading videos in Firefox and Chrome, I don't use IE. I think that it may depend upon what type of video you are trying to download, because some videos only gave me two options and others 4 or more options. I am using the latest version of IDM, as well. It very well maybe that it depends on how the video was uploaded, as to how it can be downloaded. I hope this helps!!

Parth Dhanani

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Nov 30, 2014
How did you get Comodo's extension in 7Star Browser?

You have to repack an extension using developer mode of chrome and you will get a .crx file and you can use it in any Chromium browser .. I did it coccoc browser extensions, aviate browser, and comodo but only two extensions are really good both Comodo's Drag&Share and Video Downloader.. If you wish I can guide through the exact procedure to pack crx files for chrome :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For paid then its Internet Download Manager, but for free there are numerous extensions and software so likely the first you can consider is browser support which the monitor feature can handle it even to the latest version of Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Opera.

One of the reason why I used to Eagleget since Free Download Manager lacks support for my latest Opera version which on their configuration is label as 12.xx to something 15.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.