Download Manager - Which one would you recommend?

which is best among these two download managers with good download speed and supports youtube downlo

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
JDownloader for me :cool:
I too love j downloader, but how do u download everything with JDownloader, Its not an automated process after clicking a link to download right, every time we must start after booting and if we must download we must copy the download url/link and then proceed with JD, so this is a long process. I was facing an issue to download video from this site: http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/one-piece-english-dubbed-guide, then I figured I cannot copy link and I found an alternative ext for firefox called Download Helper, which worked well. So what I suggest is not all download managers are perfect, each one are crafted for a particular action, say download helper is the best for video downloading, so if u want to prove it wrong let me know how u download everything with JD?

Reactions: Sr. Normal
D

Deleted member 2913

Any good Chrome extention download manager?
I tried Downloadall but didn't liked it.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
you can try IDM world fastest download manager.

this my be False-Postive.

Orbit Downloader is open source, i hope there should be no virus.
http://orbitdownloader.sourceforge.net/

That is not the same Orbit Downloader, the open-source project version has been dead since 2010 and there is no source codes that can be downloaded from Sourceforge, only one file which is the old installer. The website is also no longer available.
The infected Orbit Downloader is NOT open-source.

Enjoy!! :D

Reactions: Venustus

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I too love j downloader, but how do u download everything with JDownloader, Its not an automated process after clicking a link to download right, every time we must start after booting and if we must download we must copy the download url/link and then proceed with JD, so this is a long process. I was facing an issue to download video from this site: http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/one-piece-english-dubbed-guide, then I figured I cannot copy link and I found an alternative ext for firefox called Download Helper, which worked well. So what I suggest is not all download managers are perfect, each one are crafted for a particular action, say download helper is the best for video downloading, so if u want to prove it wrong let me know how u download everything with JD?
  1. I didn't say it can download everything (but I can download everything with it)
  2. JDownloader is different from other download managers mentioned above, the most similar to it are Mipony and Universal Share Downloader...
  3. The main purpose of using JDownloader is that it can manage downloading of files from the share sites like MEGA, Rapidshare, Putlocker etc etc, also pass all the adf.ly and other shortened links with lot of malware ads, or adwares on that pages, collect the links from split files, automatically resolve some capchas, and download videos from most major sites.
  4. I am not worried about clicking one click to open JDownloader and copy the desired link for downloading something I want
  5. On that particular site you mentioned I am not worried to click "Inspect Element" on Google Chrome and it will show me the source link for one video I selected for playing
    Capture22.JPG
  6. You are correct about that there's no perfect download manager, like there's no perfect Antivirus, Media Player, etc etc
  7. I don't like that download managers like IDM installs addons for downloading videos or music, It's just my own preference (poor compatibility, waiting for new versions of browsers to come out and then new version of download manager...)
  8. and again, I CAN download everything I want with JDownloader :D
Thanks ;)

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
  1. I didn't say it can download everything (but I can download everything with it)
  2. JDownloader is different from other download managers mentioned above, the most similar to it are Mipony and Universal Share Downloader...
  3. The main purpose of using JDownloader is that it can manage downloading of files from the share sites like MEGA, Rapidshare, Putlocker etc etc, also pass all the adf.ly and other shortened links with lot of malware ads, or adwares on that pages, collect the links from split files, automatically resolve some capchas, and download videos from most major sites.
  4. I am not worried about clicking one click to open JDownloader and copy the desired link for downloading something I want
  5. On that particular site you mentioned I am not worried to click "Inspect Element" on Google Chrome and it will show me the source link for one video I selected for playing View attachment 9363
  6. You are correct about that there's no perfect download manager, like there's no perfect Antivirus, Media Player, etc etc
  7. I don't like that download managers like IDM installs addons for downloading videos or music, It's just my own preference (poor compatibility, waiting for new versions of browsers to come out and then new version of download manager...)
  8. and again, I CAN download everything I want with JDownloader :D
Thanks ;)
Thank u I followed ur steps and its working fine, I really didn't know this trick.

Reactions: BoraMurdar

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I tried EagleGet a few months ago, didn't appear to do much. The last download manager I used was on Firefox, DownThemAll.

Reactions: Sr. Normal and Kent
D

Deleted member 2913

You need to install Eagleget first.
OK.
I thought the chrome extension is like DownThemAll for Firefox, no need to install just extension needed.

Actually I have 2 browsers, IE & Chrome. IE, I keep clean i.e no addon, nothing.
Chrome, my default browser, I add extensions i.e extensions only, nothing that need to install.
So I am looking for download manager/accelerator extension for Chrome but theres not many.
I tried Downloadall but its buggy. Any other download manager/accelerator extension you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.