Download Ninja (Official Updates Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hi All,

It's been a busy couple of weeks but I'm pleased to say I have just released a new version of Download Ninja (build 11) which includes all sorts of things.. including...

• Media Conversion (FLV=>MP4=>MP3, etc)
  • Download Queues
  • Download Scheduling (auto start/stop queues at a certain time/date/day of week)
  • Download Types (auto send certain file types to certain locations)
  • Bandwidth Throttling (Per download, queue and global)
  • Dedicated Media Download page
  • Refresh Link
  • Clear Completed option
  • Max Connections in config
  • Proxy settings
  • Download summary window (was that already in there?!)
As well as a whole load of small improvements and bug fixes. A more complete list can be found in the Download Ninja - Change log

I've also cleaned up the site a little bit and added a dedicated download page.. I think generally the whole thing looks a lot nicer now.

Anyway you can get the latest version here:
http://downloadninja.com/download/

New Plugin Versions

I released a new version of the Firefox/Chrome plugins the other day that allow you to download media directly from the webpage without having to load the URL into DownloadNinja first.. if you don't already have them you can get them from the download page above.

Bug Fixing Time!

I'm not planning on adding many features for a while now.. I'd like to spend the next month or so responding to bug reports so please let me know of any issues you find either by creating a ticket on the support page or by emailing me at info@downloadninja.com

I'm fairly sure there isn't much that programs like IDM and FDM have that DN doesn't have now but if you think of anything interesting do let me know :)

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Hello everyone!

Thank you very much @MikeD for this important update, will try it very soon!
BTW, have you find a way to take care of YouTube 1080p videos not having audio streams embedded?

P.S: My offer to translate DN into French is still standing, let me know if still interested!

Reactions: MikeD

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Is that from the browser plugin/extension or is that from the application?

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Sorry that didn't show very well in the above post.. the forum software keeps wanting to turn my link into a video :)

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Interesting.. the same link as above but with HTTP instead of HTTPS still works for me.

Can you send me a sample of the link that doens't work for you? If you like you can email it to info@downloadninja.com

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Ah, that will be google trying to make my life difficult again.. they use different encryption on different videos and are constantly changing the algorithm which of course breaks the video parsing for a lot of videos :mad:

I've just uploaded a new version (build 12) which works with those videos but I'm probably going to have to release a new version every few days when they make these changes.

Download the new version here:

http://get.downloadninja.com

Reactions: PlayerFromTheITtic

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
Ah, that will be google trying to make my life difficult again.. they use different encryption on different videos and are constantly changing the algorithm which of course breaks the video parsing for a lot of videos :mad:

I've just uploaded a new version (build 12) which works with those videos but I'm probably going to have to release a new version every few days when they make these changes.

Download the new version here:

http://get.downloadninja.com
Thank you!
But I had another issue, I'll send you a PM... :/

Edit: MP sent

Reactions: MikeD

PlayerFromTheITtic

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
May 19, 2014
I thought I should mention the help @MikeD provided me a few minutes ago!
Thanks to its quick responsiveness and his hotfixes, a YouTube related and a auto-update related issues have already been fixed!

So thank you for your great work (let's hope some people here will do the same as well the next days)!

Reactions: MikeD and Petrovic

hopefully_secure

Level 2
Verified
Jul 18, 2014
Great update, Download Ninja is really coming together at a fast rate. I've got two questions/suggestions if you don't mind.

Is there any way you could raise the thread count per download even higher? Currently DN maxes out at about 3.5 MB/s at the max threads, Eagleget supports up to 32 threads per download which gets me to my download cap of 7 MB/s.

Also, is there a way you could have DN auto-start upon starting a download? Currently it gives out an error message about DN not being open, it would be handy if DN just opened itself upon downloading something when DN is not currently running.

Great program, I'm eager to watch it grow and become the next big download manager!

Last edited:

Petrovic

Level 64
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Uses a lot of memory:confused:
26sq7l7wqi.jpg

D

Deleted member 2913

Is there Internet Explorer support now?

Congrats.
This is definitely developing fast & feature rich.
Definitely one of the best free/paid download manager.
No beta are released but must say I have found all the versions quite stable with no major prob.

Does it shows file size with the quality of video now?
Does it shows hidden format of Youtube? If yes, I think there should be an option to not show hidden formats as many users dont know that hidden formats are audio only/video only & need to be merged to play them.
I find the GUI dark & little big. Though the size can be adjusted but whole info is not visible then & you have to slide it that I dont like. I think it would be better if the GUI size is little small & download window should have show details/info tab that would show more details that would be better compared to sliding. As I said I find GUI dark so waiting for the themes that you promised which would solve my prob & many others too.

Rest I will post after testing latest version build 13.

D

Deleted member 2913

It would be good if the download summary window when clicked opens GUI to show downloads progress.
It would be good if there is an option to automatically remove completed downloads from the downloads list.

What happens to incomplete/stopped/paused downloads?
I mean do they appear in the download folder? If yes, then I think it would be better if they are hidden or any other way you think would be better to avoid mess/mix of completed & incompleted downloads in the downloads folder.

I dont understand how your video downloads work?
I am selecting mp4 & 720p.
It downloads the original video & then converts but media info shows the resolution for the converted file as the same as the original file i.e 360p & not 720p. Even if the file is converted to 720p, the quality would remain the same i.e 360p or decrease, just the height/width increased, right?

You have made it confusing now.
Previously it was good where you can directly select what resolution you want to download & that would give real 720p or HD mp4 videos.
And converting these mp4 to other formats mkv, etc... will affect the quality or not?

Now rightclick download with DN on video is not working, its giving html file. Previously it was correctly showing all the available resolutions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.