Download Ninja (Official Updates Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Also how do I refresh video download links and resume them.

I right click and refresh the link, and it takes me to the site. But since DN uses URL parsing, how does it work to resume the download?

Reactions: Kent and MikeD

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I am sorry if i didn't review all the posts in this thread and maybe it is already wished my wish...can we have a Backup settings-Restore Settings?
Thank you,awesome program!

Sure, I've added it to the list.

Also how do I refresh video download links and resume them.

I right click and refresh the link, and it takes me to the site. But since DN uses URL parsing, how does it work to resume the download?

Good point, this used to be possible with the old browser addon but is not any more. I'll look at fixing this.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Not sure what happened to few of my posts here...but I'll repost them again

1. Am unable to pause and start single download after doing a quick add in the Main Download queue [I have created multiple queues]

Am only able to start downloads as a queue whole, not single downloads...

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Not sure what happened to few of my posts here...but I'll repost them again

1. Am unable to pause and start single download after doing a quick add in the Main Download queue [I have created multiple queues]

Am only able to start downloads as a queue whole, not single downloads...

Can you please email me at info@downloadninja.com as this seems to be more of a support issue rather than general discussion?

In general though the the queue needs to be running for the download to start, it is impossible to start a download if it's queue is not running.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Can you please email me at info@downloadninja.com as this seems to be more of a support issue rather than general discussion?

In general though the the queue needs to be running for the download to start, it is impossible to start a download if it's queue is not running.

Honestly you should be able to start a single download by clicking on the pause/start button to the right of a button, even if it's in any queue, instead of having to start the whole queue.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I personally don't agree, with DN all downloads are in some sort of queue, either the the main queue or a secondary queue, it doesn't matter, they are still in a queue.

The main queue is normally always running, unless you want to stop all downloads in that queue so you just stop the queue (no need to stop all downloads individually).

If you want to pause/stop one download you just hit the pause button and it will stop, allowing other downloads that are queued to continue in it's place.. or if you want to stop all downloads or all downloads in a specific queue then you stop that queue / all queues.

From the sounds of it you are asking for a download to be detached from all queues so that starting / stopping a/all queues will not effect that queue, only pausing that specific queue will stop it. But I really can't think of any reason why you would want to lose the functionality of being able to stop the entire queue with a single click?

If this does not meet your needs for some reason please explain the situation and I'll see what I can do.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Here's what I mean....

UlHssdW.png

Consider I don't use any queue, just the main download queue. I quick add one file in the main download queue, which has a lot of other files that are currently pending for download.

Now I wish to download seinfeld s06e19.mp4 file only. There are various other files above and below it. How can this be done in Download Ninja currently?

• The start/pause button to the right of the download doesn't work....You cant start this download [This should be a bug]
  • Move this file to the top of the list, and then download the whole queue. But I just want to download this file and not the whole file in the queue.
  • Simply moving this file to another queue will start the download by itself automatically. But when it remains in the main download queue the start/pause buttons doesn't work to start the download.
I'm talking about a bug in DN here.

Reactions: Kent

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
I'm still struggling to see what the actual bug you are referring to is.

From my point of view, if I have a load of items in the queue then I wan't them to download, if i want to download them later then I can either start them paused or add them to another queue to download later.

If they are not paused and I want to download another download first then I would just move it to the top of the list which will get DN to download that file before others.

"The start/pause button to the right of the download doesn't work....You cant start this download [This should be a bug]"

In what way doesn't it work? It sounds to me like the main queue is stopped which is why it is not starting that download?

"Move this file to the top of the list, and then download the whole queue. But I just want to download this file and not the whole file in the queue."

If you have downloads that you don't want to download right away wouldn't you have them paused or in a 'download later' queue or something similar rather than in the main download queue?

Or if you wanted to do it the other way around you could have a queue that is running while the main download queue is stopped, then for a while you want to download you just move it to the running queue?

If I understand you correctly you are suggesting that by default a download does not have a queue (how can a download in a queue start when you press 'start' if it's queue is stopped?) which is fine but then we lose the ability to start/stop the main (unqueued) downloads at a certain time or run a task/shut down the computer when they finish.

Or maybe I am not understanding something here?

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
If I understand you correctly you are suggesting that by default a download does not have a queue (how can a download in a queue start when you press 'start' if it's queue is stopped?) which is fine but then we lose the ability to start/stop the main (unqueued) downloads at a certain time or run a task/shut down the computer when they finish.

You can check EagleGet and IDM for instance. You can start and stop a single download in a list, when I don't want to use queue's.

By default, you add various downloads to a Main Download Queue (not custom queues you create). It doesn't mean that you need to/have to start the whole queue download, when you only want to start a single download at this particular time. Simply click the start buton next to the download so that you can download just that file.

I think the confusing term is the word 'Queue'. What happened before queue's were invented? You simply transfer various downloads to an external download manager, and then if you want to start only a single download for a file at some other time, you simply press the start button next to it. As simple and easy as that. This feature is what's missing in DN.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Also the Drop Box/Floating Window in Download Ninja does no good, except for opening up UI.

Please add features such as, when you mouse hover over drop box, you can see the number of downloads currently running, the download info, download speed etc.

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
You can check EagleGet and IDM for instance. You can start and stop a single download in a list, when I don't want to use queue's.

By default, you add various downloads to a Main Download Queue (not custom queues you create). It doesn't mean that you need to/have to start the whole queue download, when you only want to start a single download at this particular time. Simply click the start buton next to the download so that you can download just that file.

I think the confusing term is the word 'Queue'. What happened before queue's were invented? You simply transfer various downloads to an external download manager, and then if you want to start only a single download for a file at some other time, you simply press the start button next to it. As simple and easy as that. This feature is what's missing in DN.

I'll have a closer look at IDM and see if anything can be done to make this a little easier.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I'll have a closer look at IDM and see if anything can be done to make this a little easier.

Sorry for not making it more clear....

This is EagleGet's new dowload box when clicking a link

qouVEOl.png

As you can see
1. Start automatically: Start this download at this instant instead of sending to queue and starting the whole queue (which takes time)
2. Start manually: Send this download to a "main list" where you select and download this file.
3. Start with queue: Send it to custom made queue.

It's feature 1 and 2 that Download Ninja is missing..

Hope you got it. I'll post the screens of IDM later, as I don't have it installed now.

Anurag Kuradia

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
May 17, 2014
Also how will be able to download videos from sites like these: http://www.animeram.eu/rurouni-kenshin/88/

Where a single page allows streaming from various locations?

Or sites like these: http://www.animeget.com/death-note-episode-20

Where more than one video is present on a page.

URL parsing totally fails here... :(
You can stream or download these episode from these site
http://animewaffles.tv/
http://www.animeultima.tv/

By choosing the MP4Upload video link and then download

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Please include a Task Cleaner option where you could one-click delete (with option)

a) Finished tasks
b) Failed tasks

It's a messy job to select and delete all tasks in the Download Window. It's become too huge for me now :(

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Download Ninja consuming too much memory and processor usage for a download manager (167MB RAM and 6-13% CPU) :eek:

5qmR2SP.png

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Download Ninja consuming too much memory and processor usage for a download manager (167MB RAM and 6-13% CPU) :eek:

5qmR2SP.png

Sorry have visitors staying with me at the moment so have not had so much time to dedicate to DN.

How many items do you have in your list with that CPU/Memory usage?

Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
Hi ,

First I want to congrats the developer for such a good product. I have a doubt.

The downloas speed it displayed in "kb" but seems like it's downloading in "kB" . Can you please fix that :p. It's kind of confusing

MikeD

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2014
Hi ,

First I want to congrats the developer for such a good product. I have a doubt.

The downloas speed it displayed in "kb" but seems like it's downloading in "kB" . Can you please fix that :p. It's kind of confusing

Thank!

Looking at Internet conventions you are correct, Download Ninja's smallest unit is a Byte not Bit so 12kb/s is KiloBytes/second not KiloBits.

I'll change the app to use KB instead of kb.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.