Download Ninja (Official Updates Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddu

Oct 3, 2014
I am not sure if this problem is with me, but in logs my download ninja has only 10 chunks (max). But I have set max connections per server to 32. So is it not possible to make number of connections/download to 32 . Correct me if I am mistaken. Thanks.

M

MalwareT

More satisfied customers :D

2014_10_04_101301.jpg

@MikeD Please add torrent download ability into DN just like FDM :) I hope you'll add it,very satisfied customer ;)

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
More satisfied customers :D

@MikeD Please add torrent download ability into DN just like FDM :) I hope you'll add it,very satisfied customer ;)

Am not sure if this should be a priority, it would simply make DN bloated. This is why FDM has a lite version. Better media downloading ability is what i'm looking for. Inclusion of video sniffer would make it better.

We've plenty of amazing torrent clients for the purpose. Tixati and qBitTorrent tops my list.

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Am not sure if this should be a priority, it would simply make DN bloated. This is why FDM has a lite version. Better media downloading ability is what i'm looking for. Inclusion of video sniffer would make it better.

We've plenty of amazing torrent clients for the purpose. Tixati and qBitTorrent tops my list.
Totally agree.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
This is the first and longest time since Download Ninja was released to the public, that there aren't any updates for more than a month!:eek:

Axel

Verified
Dec 5, 2014
Been using it for a while now and I love it. Sadly, it seems that Download Ninja does not work on Palemoon 25. I was hoping to contact the developer here but it seems that he's not around... :(

MisterJ

Mar 3, 2015
[url=http://postimage.org/] [/URL]
The theme I am using is Dark, but had been using John1. When I opened the Editor, I got the image above. The Filter results are all blank and using the upper left pull down does no good. Once ND gets into this state, the Theme editor is not useful till ND is closed (Exit) and reopened. I think it can be recreated by creating/editing a theme, then open the editor after switching to a theme that was not the last edited. Using the upper left pull down to select a theme not currently selected also gets into this state.
A suggestion: Add an Apply button to use a newly created/edited theme.

I am testing ND Build 30, on W7 x64 under VMware Player.

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

The theme I am using is Dark, but had been using John1. When I opened the Editor, I got the image above. The Filter results are all blank and using the upper left pull down does no good. Once ND gets into this state, the Theme editor is not useful till ND is closed (Exit) and reopened. I think it can be recreated by creating/editing a theme, then open the editor after switching to a theme that was not the last edited. Using the upper left pull down to select a theme not currently selected also gets into this state.
A suggestion: Add an Apply button to use a newly created/edited theme.

I am testing ND Build 30, on W7 x64 under VMware Player.

Good to see you here MisterJ. Guess you know me from EagleGet forums. :D

I think development of Download Ninja has been stalled. Dev has responded to any mails and there hasn't been any updates since Sep 22

MisterJ

Mar 3, 2015
Thanks, jackuars. I got a response from MikeD to my e-mail a couple of days ago and B30 was released. DN is still being developed but the developer is very busy lately. I decided to do some testing and see what I could learn. Enjoy, John.

MisterJ

Mar 3, 2015
Using TCPview I noticed that DN kept the ports open well after the transfer was complete. I took a trace using Wireshark. Looking at the end of the trace, I see that DN is keeping the ports open for almost 140 seconds after the end of the transfer. I will e-mail the trace end to info@downloadninja.com.
TCPview indicated that even though I had set "Maximum number of connections to a server per download" to 32, 20 was the maximum number of ports open. Is it just a coincidence that 20 hex is 32 decimal? Thanks and enjoy, John.

MisterJ

Mar 3, 2015

Message in text:
Code:
Version: Build 30 (150302)
There is not enough space on the disk.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
  at System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
  at System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite(Boolean calledFromFinalizer)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
  at System.IO.FileStream.Finalize()
I did some testing of DLing large files (4.2 GB went fine) and ran my disk out of space. DN should have handled this error before DL. It also looks like it DLed it once (the _1 file) and did not detect the short file. Please see the Windows Explorer screenshot:

I cannot open the Log to display it.
Thanks and enjoy, John.

eastern

Mar 29, 2015
hi Jackuars and Mister J,

i dont expect to see both are you here...well i hope you are well mister J after i dont hear from you for a few month as you leave forum EagleGet

back to main topic ,download ninja corrupt video ( a part of it) which give me a headache as i need to download again.

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
hi Jackuars and Mister J,

i dont expect to see both are you here...well i hope you are well mister J after i dont hear from you for a few month as you leave forum EagleGet

back to main topic ,download ninja corrupt video ( a part of it) which give me a headache as i need to download again.

Oh yes welcome here eastern. This is a pretty incredible forum. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.