Drop a Fact About Yourself!

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
I love that cat. Usually I'm a dog person, but this one is really cute. :)
IMG_20201101_101126.jpg

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Hmm, OK, well I had to go to this regional hospital for the dentistry services and had to drop off some paperwork. Hadn't been there since pre-COVID, it was like entering a lock-down top secret facility. All entrances were blocked off at the Pavilion except the main one and you had to pass a security checkpoint. A nurse-lady barked at me to stay right there and then zapped my forehead w/a digital thermometer.

OK, I'll get on with it already. My reading was 97.6 deg F. Since I had avoided all this COVID crap until now, I was like: isn't that a tad low? I looked online and no, it's the "new normal." It seems that 98.6 deg F/37 deg C was deemed normal back in the 1800s based on average temps taken from people's armpits and factors involved there were higher disease and infection rates, poorer diets, etc. It kinda stayed like that for decades and decades.

Imagine: 98.6 deg F/37 deg C is not the ideal norm for your body temperature any more. It's merely " in the normal range."

Antimalware18

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2014
Facts about myself? hmm :unsure::unsure: well, despite being a cyber security enthusiast as well as a part time PC technician (more for fun than anything)

Im also a Cook, a Musician, a avid gamer and a world Explorer

and now a Youtube content creator (a little shameless self promotion) for those of you who like BBQ give it a watch lol

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I will risk something to remove an animal from danger.

A few years ago, I was walking to the store and had to pass by a run-down apt. buidling. There were some men sitting around a tree and drinking/smoking weed but something in the tree flashed there and caught my attention. I stopped and looked and saw there was a male Cardinal shut up in one of those cheap tiny cages you keep little pet-store finches in. He was just hopping back and forth endlessly in his little prison-cell in the tree. I looked angrily at the men sitting there in silence but no one would look me in the eye.

I turned around and went home and contacted the Wild Bird Fund. Amazingly, someone answered me within minutes and informed me it was illegal to do this (of course!). He then requested my name and phone number as they were going to get the cops involved. Sure enough, 15 min. later NYPD called me to tell me they found the cage and released the Cardinal. I walked past that apt. building the next day-- no one harassed me and they haven't to this very day.

At times, if you see something, do something. 🐦🦆😍

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
OK, this is from over a year ago, but it's important to emphasize that it was in the early stages of the COVID lockdown here in the Northeast US. I mean, at times, if you're traveling thru certain neighborhoods in NYC, if you're going to laugh and people don't like that you're laughing for whatever reason, you best be wearing a mask to cover it up.

I was on the bus traveling thru a bad area of Bedford-Stuyvesent, Brooklyn, when this huge guy (maybe 350 lbs/159 kilo) got on the bus. He was wearing all red--sweat shirt and sweatpants and he was in a hurry to get to the back of the bus. As he approached the crowded area where I was sitting, his sweatpants suddenly fell down and in order to pull them back up, he had turn and stick his behind in some dude's face. He apologized profusely and you could tell the dude was appalled but I'm sorry, I was dying--tears were starting down my face. Luckily, I got off the bus shortly afterward but I have NO doubt whatsoever that my laughing would have set someone off. It was that kind of neighborhood. Oh yeah, he was wearing shorts underneath, though, lol.

That's Brooklyn for you. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.