Battle EaseUS Disk Copy Home vs Macrium Reflect Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
For whatever reason, Windows Backup isn't working for me. It says that I do not have enough space on my External HD but I think I do have enough.

Anyway, I thought I'd try one of these two softwares. Which one do you recommend?

P

Plexx

I have had issues with both. Macrium reflect did the backup correctly without much of a fuss but when it came to restore, failed twice and the 3rd time backup was messed up.

EaseUS, well it was the other way around.

Result? Moved to Paragon Backup & Recovery Free

P

Plexx

The 3 products (I am including Paragon here for a reason) are very subjective. Nearly everyone who has used one or another has reported issues on all 3 products, whilst others haven't.

Bottom line is what you prefer: speed or performance.

Paragon for me was the most stable one but with minimal CPU and I/O but took the longest.

Macrium was the 2nd longest one and CPU and I/O usage on Backup process and Restore was still long

EaseUS was quickest one on Backup and Restore process.

Note: I just realized you mentioned EaseUS Disk Copy Home. What I used was EaseUS TODO Backup (free)

Here are the links and comparisons:

EaseUS: http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

Macrium: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Paragon: http://www.paragon-software.com/home/br-free/comparison.html

There are features one has others dont and vice versa. You will need to see which one suites your needs the most.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Im got a little different results than you biozfear, i has macrium as the fastest, then paragon and easeus todo as the slowest but i think it also depends on the compression options you have on too for speed, but i also havent had problems restoring in macrium so i think it depends if it works for the user or not, best thing to do is try out all 3 thats what i did.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BSOD said:
I keep forgetting to add the "Other" option :p

Added Other to the poll options for you.;)

EaseUS Disk Copy Home is a different type of product (Partition Copy Software & Disk Copy) then Macrium Reflect Free (Backup & Restore). You should have used "EaseUS Todo Backup Free" instead on the poll options.

Thanks.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
InternetChicken said:
I have used both EaseUS Disk Copy Home and Macrium Reflect Free
and ditched then both for
Acronis True Image 2013

Acronis True Image is probably the best in the category of backup and restore, but the newer version have been buggy. Acronis True Image 2009 was the most stable version that I have used.

But there are two totally free OEM versions of Acronis True Image available.

Acronis True Image WD Edition Software (based on the award winning Acronis True image Home 2009 backup, restore and disaster recovery program), must have at least one Western Digital hard disk to use it

Seagate DiscWizard (also based on Acronis True image Home 2009), must have at least one Seagate or Maxtor hard disk to use it.

The OEM free version have a few limitations but are just as good as the paid Acronis True Image.

Enjoy!!:D

InternetChicken

Jul 16, 2012
:skull: Acronis True Image 2009 was most stable version by far :D
I had issues with EaseUS and Macrium Reflect so decided to use Acronis
So far so good, and now am a happy Acronis user , :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.