Advice Request Edge://flags defaults - feedback/help asked

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Opera has an indicator which shows what the default value is. Edge-chromium just shows DEFAULT. So I have to guess whether the default value is enabled or disabled.

Please give feedback on my edge://flags settings below. For instance when I have set a value which is already the default or when I have understood the English text wrong and my setting makes things worse in stead of improving security, privacy or performance.

Thanks for help and feedback

Attachments

• 1581347199209.png
    1581347199209.png
    224 KB · Views: 219

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
  • Treat risky downloads over insecure connections as active mixed content [Disallows downloads of unsafe files (files that can potentially execute code), where the final download origin or any origin in the redirect chain is insecure if the originating page is secure. – Mac, Windows]
Sometimes that seems to block downloads even from sources HTTPS like from homepages of popular software...

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
  • Treat risky downloads over insecure connections as active mixed content [Disallows downloads of unsafe files (files that can potentially execute code), where the final download origin or any origin in the redirect chain is insecure if the originating page is secure. – Mac, Windows]
Sometimes that seems to block downloads even from sources HTTPS like from homepages of popular software...

Yes, I have occasionally experienced this myself.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.