Egyed László Config

scot

Level 9
Verified
Dec 5, 2014
Hello @Egyed László ,

• My advice in this regard would be Eset online scanner along with MBAM.
  • you can add Ccleaner to your Privacy software.
  • you can add Macrium Reflect free/AOMEI Backupper free to your B&R.
  • you can add FF as your second browser.
  • you can add these to your E&P: HTTPS everywhere,WOT,VTchromiser.
Thanks for sharing your config with us.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Fine configuration there ;)

Optional step: Since its a shared you may activate guest account which most of the function will be limited upon the approval of administrator. Or add a Sandboxie on a shared account or just have F-secure AV as password protect to avoid terminating the program by anyone user.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Egyed László. Thank you for sharing your configuration.

I like all your extensions, and agree with @scot's list of suggestions. Last night I'd followed @Sr. Normal's recommendation of PrivaZer!:) Here's the developer's site where you can both download & read more.
I'd opted for the portable version on USB. It appears to be a very thorough cleaner, and thus far looks to be a quality software already endorsed by respected staff & members more knowledgeable than myself.:rolleyes:

As you are familiar with uBlock, I shall mention uMatrix which blocks & graphically identifies Java script as well as many other elements including cookies & images you can see & control whether or not to block temporarily or permanently. Similarly to Ghostery, it does not sacrifice functionality in most cases allowing 1st party cookies by default. It is a greatly marked improvement to it's forefunner, HTTP Everywhere, & blocks what you decide, & (imo) even more than Ghostery.:cool:
Read more and give the extension a try;):
I'm using uMatrix beside uBlock, so Host Files checked on uMatrix w/ a (*) are unchecked on uBlock:
  1. µMatrix hosts file‎
  2. Peter Lowe’s Ad server list‎*
  3. Malware Domain List*
  4. hpHosts’s Ad and tracking servers*
  5. Dan Pollock’s hosts file‎*
  • The key is for only uBlock or uMatrix to use the one non-duplicated file!:)
Edit: *Peter Lowe's Ad server list

Last edited:
S

Sr. Normal

Hello Egyed László. Thank you for sharing your configuration.

I'm using uMatrix beside uBlock, so Host Files checked on uMatrix w/ a (*) are unchecked on uBlock:
  1. µMatrix hosts file‎
  2. Peter Lowe’s Ad server list‎
  3. Malware Domain List*
  4. hpHosts’s Ad and tracking servers*
  5. Dan Pollock’s hosts file‎*
  • The key is for only uBlock or uMatrix to use the one non-duplicated file!:)
Thanks for this information sounds very interesting . :)

For Umatrix and ublock coexist , i unmark in ublock which have marked with an asterisk , Peter Lowe’s Ad server list‎ is repeated , do i unmarked it in ublock ?, do I leave it as is ?. I am very happy with Ghostery , but if thou recommend obviously have to try Umatrix .

Thanks friend :)

Reactions: silversurfer

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for this information sounds very interesting . :)

For Umatrix and ublock coexist , i unmark in ublock which have marked with an asterisk , Peter Lowe’s Ad server list‎ is repeated , do i unmarked it in ublock ?, do I leave it as is ?. I am very happy with Ghostery , but if thou recommend obviously have to try Umatrix .

Thanks friend :)
Hola @Sr. Normal. Thank you for pointing out "Peter Lowe's Ad server list" to my attention! Yes, you are correct by not repeating them.
(Gracias otro vece!):D

PS I am a fan of Ghostery too.:rolleyes: The control & ability to see what uMatrix blocks is a 'different' approach, so disabling one extension while trying the other is a way to test which works best for you.:):)

Last edited:
Reactions: silversurfer
S

Sr. Normal

@Cats-4_Owners-2 thank you my teaching friend . ;) :)

Today I'll prove it . The best thing about MT, for me, is that at 07.00 hours have already taught me something new. And in the most friendly mode. :cool:

Thanks again friend :)

Editing several hours later:

After trying it I decide to leave Umatrix in my computer and remove Ghostery . Why ?,

• Ethics. It always annoyed me tremendously Ghostrank
  • Avira Browser Safety. I love this extension and simply does not work with Ghostery
  • Allows better control over what happens
Ghostery annulling Avira Browser Safety

upload_2015-3-21_20-3-54.png

upload_2015-3-21_20-4-17.png

Comparing results

upload_2015-3-21_20-5-35.png

Avira Browser Safety and uMatrix working toqueder perfectly

upload_2015-3-21_20-7-0.png

Thanks, another step to take my computer into my taste, another step on the path of learning. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.