Elemec's confing (Looking for improvements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Really scared of being infected as i downloaded a 6,000 virus .rar for test my antivirus , It detected only one and excluded the .rar , I was still scared. Somehow , Baidu pc faster popped up on my pc (Probably due to me using Baidu Spark browser in the past) , Unninstalled.
Msoysync.exe started popping up like crazy on the task manager.
TrustedInstaller was somewhere on windows , Not sure if virus or not.
Qihoo removed a driver called zemana something (I've tested zemana a little , But didnt trust it)

If needed , More info about the computer :

AMD Sempron(tm) 14 Processor 2.71 GHz
2,00 GB
Operational System 32 bit

Y

yigido

Zemana is trusted company and the best antilogger software they have. They also offer free products.
If you do not use Virtual machine, then do not play with malwares!
Lets create a better config with you.. Read and apply these steps one by one..
If you have Baidu before, you cannot remove this with its installer, I offer you to use JRT and scan with it
  • 360 TS+CFW is great these can protect you agaianst zero-day malwares. I offer you Avira Free Antivirus because Qihoo's False Detections are too high agaimst a basic user. Avira is good at against PUPs and it has good detections against well known malwares..Do not play with malware on your production machine!
  • You have adblocker it is good.You should think to add WOT and HTTPS Everywhere into your browser. If you want more privacy then add Privacy Badger
  • Backup your files and documents out of your computer!
  • You can use a VPN solution, take a look at giveaway section of the forum, there is 1 year OkayFreedom VPN, it is good.
  • Your computer is shared,then you can use Unchecky against PUPs when installition
If you have question please ask under the topic.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Really scared of being infected as i downloaded a 6,000 virus .rar for test my antivirus

If you are not sure what you're doing, you shouldn't be downloading any Malware Packs. I would strongly advise that you carefully dispose of the contents immediately.

Testing Antivirus / Security software should only be performed on a spare (non-production) PC or Virtual Machine, isolated from any home or work networks.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Zemana is trusted company and the best antilogger software they have. They also offer free products.
If you do not use Virtual machine, then do not play with malwares!
Lets create a better config with you.. Read and apply these steps one by one..
If you have Baidu before, you cannot remove this with its installer, I offer you to use JRT and scan with it
  • 360 TS+CFW is great these can protect you agaianst zero-day malwares. I offer you Avira Free Antivirus because Qihoo's False Detections are too high agaimst a basic user. Avira is good at against PUPs and it has good detections against well known malwares..Do not play with malware on your production machine!
  • You have adblocker it is good.You should think to add WOT and HTTPS Everywhere into your browser. If you want more privacy then add Privacy Badger
  • Backup your files and documents out of your computer!
  • You can use a VPN solution, take a look at giveaway section of the forum, there is 1 year OkayFreedom VPN, it is good.
  • Your computer is shared,then you can use Unchecky against PUPs when installition
If you have question please ask under the topic.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Thanks. Yes , Not going to test malware things anymore. My computer is shared with my parents , So getting it infected is twice as bad.
I'm going to install things you said.

Reactions: yigido
Y

yigido

Thanks. Yes , Not going to test malware things anymore. My computer is shared with my parents , So getting it infected is twice as bad.
I'm going to install things you said.
Elemec before installing Avira Free Antivirus, please uninstall Qihoo TS :) 1 Real time protection is enough for you.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Elemec before installing Avira Free Antivirus, please uninstall Qihoo TS :) 1 Real time protection is enough for you.
Okay. Also , If you want to see what the junkware removal tool did , Here.
I as going to run safemode , But as soon as i clicked restart , A process stopped and let me open it

Attachments

• JRT.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 429
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Y

yigido

Okay. Also , If you want to see what the junkware removal tool did , Here.
I as going to run safemode , But as soon as i clicked restart , A process stopped and let me open it
Great! JRT removed some adware registery keys, toolbars and Baidu folders in C:\.
Now, start in normal mode and uninstall Qihoo and restart! Restart is needed.
Then install Avira Free antivirus here. It is offline package.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Really scared of being infected as i downloaded a 6,000 virus .rar for test my antivirus , It detected only one and excluded the .rar , I was still scared. Somehow , Baidu pc faster popped up on my pc (Probably due to me using Baidu Spark browser in the past) , Unninstalled.
Msoysync.exe started popping up like crazy on the task manager.
TrustedInstaller was somewhere on windows , Not sure if virus or not.
Qihoo removed a driver called zemana something (I've tested zemana a little , But didnt trust it)

Trusted Installer is a legitimate process where it holds the vital/crucial Windows Critical files in order to prevent any changes for moving/ deleting without higher privilege.

Antivirus have different algorithms when dealing in read/write capabilities especially compressed files unless you extract them to activate the alarm. ;)

It can be a False positive as Zemana known for the software of Anti-keylogger and others.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Downloading the offline package , 3-6 Minutes left.
Sucessfuly installed unchecky

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
One more question , Is there any safe program that makes backups for me? Like , Without the need of the pendrive with the windows , As i dont have access to that?

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Also , here info. During mean time , When i ws still downloading the junkware tool , Something wasnt letting me run it. However , I clicked restart and it appeared " Do you want to run it? " I cancelled the restart and ran it , As whatever was killing the process , Died.
I soon unninstalled quihoo and now am installing avira by your link.
Thanks for the support.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Any need of me leaving avira with the high detection level of AHeAD?

No , I meant , A way to make a backup , That dont requires me to use the pendrive containing my windows 7 iso , As i dont have that.
I can get an empty pendrive , Though

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
No no medium is Ok, to prevent false detections. But check all detection types on next step ;)
There we go. Now , All i need is decide which browser to keep , And install WoT , HTTPS EVERYWHERE and such

Y

yigido

There we go. Now , All i need is decide which browser to keep , And install WoT , HTTPS EVERYWHERE and such
Do you like Comodo Dragon it is Ok, keep it. All extensions that I suggest you are free and great extensions :)

Reactions: Kent

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Alright , Needed to restart in safe mode , As something killed the taskbar.
Doing a full scan with avira now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.