Elemec's confing (Looking for improvements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Kay , It really isnt anything to make me explode , Is just a small loading , And is from the legit software.
However , A question. I use Selipnir (Chromonium based) And would like to know , If firefox/alikes are faster and more lightweight on a weak computer.

I

illumination

Follow the steps below and remove 'msosync.exe' from the Windows startup:

Click Start > Search > Type 'msconfig'.

In the configuration window> Go to startup tab > Uncheck the box for 'msosync.exe' and verify the result.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Follow the steps below and remove 'msosync.exe' from the Windows startup:

Click Start > Search > Type 'msconfig'.

In the configuration window> Go to startup tab > Uncheck the box for 'msosync.exe' and verify the result.

It isnt here.

Anyways , Testing mathonx browser , Feels fast.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Is there anyway to " Restart " Your pc to , You know , Like if you just bought a new pc? I'm thinking on doing this for the best possible experience.

I

illumination

Is there anyway to " Restart " Your pc to , You know , Like if you just bought a new pc? I'm thinking on doing this for the best possible experience.
What is the brand model of the PC, many have built in recovery partitions to reset to factory settings..

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
What is the brand model of the PC, many have built in recovery partitions to reset to factory settings..
Not really an expert , If you mean something about when i bought it , Like , On the box , I have no idea , Now , If is something checkable via the computer/properties , I can help

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
@Elemec: It means what is the brand of your computer? (e.g HP, Acer, and others) caused it contains recovery partitions for such easier access to restore original state.
I mean like , If i can find this information on my PC.
Like , Computer -> Properties

I

illumination

I mean like , If i can find this information on my PC.
Like , Computer -> Properties
The name of the computer "Brand" is on the computers outer shell, and the model number should be on a sticker located on the bottom of the computer, or the back of it depending on whether a laptop or desktop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
The name of the computer "Brand" is on the computers outer shell, and the model number should be on a sticker located on the bottom of the computer, or the back of it depending on whether a laptop or desktop.
Searched around the computer places , I see LG everywhere

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Good luck! ;), applications will be not the problem for stability however if wanted to revert back for older version of Windows then full clean install is needed.
Well , I'm going to actually do a clean install (Having only defaults) On my pc , Since i really want to start fresh , Without fragments , Hidden malware , Giant prefetechs , And such.
Also , I saw some videos of it , And the guy seems pretty good

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
I've also asked my dad a pendrive , So i can have one that will be used for both install windows 10 , And also make a backup of the defaults , As i really dont work with anything , Other than you know , Homework , But i'm still on the school break , So no problems.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Windows 10 installed~ No programs lost , However comodo and avira arent working here , So unninstalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.