Elemec's confing (Looking for improvements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Info :
Comodo dragon's Virtual mode is like a sandbox. It will leave a green square on it meaning it's safe. Whatever virus that tries entering the virtual comodo , Will infect nothing. Like if you were using a virtual machine. For downloads being able to be used in your real system , You must save those to " Shared files " At program data\Comodo Dragon\Shared Files

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Still looking for browsers! Here some i tested already
IE , Chrome , Baidu spark , Firefox , Comodo icedragon , Comodo dragon , Opera.
Looking for something fresh and fast.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Still looking for browsers! Here some i tested already
IE , Chrome , Baidu spark , Firefox , Comodo icedragon , Comodo dragon , Opera.
Looking for something fresh and fast.
What exactly are you looking for on browsers?

my own recommendation: keep IE as a backup, use chrome and firefox or cyberfox instead

the others are just based on the basics.

Opera is the only exception.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
What exactly are you looking for on browsers?

my own recommendation: keep IE as a backup, use chrome and firefox or cyberfox instead

the others are just based on the basics.

Opera is the only exception.
Speed and memory usage.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Then Chrome and (Cyberfox)- Firefox. Personal preferences tho.

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Chromium-based and Internet Explorer are multi-process browsers and will therefore run more than 2 processes, when in use. They make the browser more stable and secure with it sandboxing techniques. Chromium-based perform better on modern hardware, else you may experience sluggish behaviour.

Good To Know: Installing a lot of Chrome Extensions will increase process and memory usage. So for the bare minimum -for the average user- an Ad-Blocker and a Password Manager. Try and avoid using Autofill and the browsers default password manager.

Keep IE11 for Windows 7 updated. Install another browser of your choice.

@Inkurax OP uses Windows 32-bit, so the full effect of Cyberfox may not be experienced.

How about Sleipnir, which uses the Blink engine (same as Chrome, Opera).
http://www.fenrir-inc.com/us/sleipnir/

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I must have missed out the architecture. My apologies. Replace Cyberfox with Firefox in my suggestion then.

Haven't looked at Sleipnir, thanks for the reference.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Quick question , Does waterfox/cyber fox work on x32(x86)?

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Sleipnir is amazing. New default browser , Fellas.
Now , Once this thing gets add-ons , This will be excellent

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Not sure if this is a infection or not , But my mouse keeps " Loading " Nothing. Which is bugging me quite a little

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Sleipnir is amazing. New default browser , Fellas.
Now , Once this thing gets add-ons , This will be excellent
From one (still) recovering add-on-a-holic,:rolleyes: stick with the important core extensions including an add blocker, HTTPS Everywhere, and LastPass, to keep the Sleipnir amazing & fast!:cool:

Edit:
Not sure if this is a infection or not , But my mouse keeps " Loading " Nothing. Which is bugging me quite a little

Check what Windows Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) shows is happening.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
From one (still) recovering add-on-a-holic,:rolleyes: stick with the important core extensions including an add blocker, HTTPS Everywhere, and LastPass, to keep the Sleipnir amazing & fast!:cool:

Edit:

Check what Windows Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) shows is happening.

Everytime said thing is happening , It gives me MYSOSYNC.EXE , 2 Of them. However they arent signned by the system , Like the original one. Also , Found out how to get add-ons , Now is safe from those nasty ads

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
I guess i got it. It is loading said MSYOSYNC.exe over and over , It deletes itself and comes back , This causes it to keep loading it forever. I wonder if this is the legit one , Or if is some kind " Annoyware "

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Really in need of help.
This is annoying me , Every single time the cursor loads , Except when i'm running 100% of the memory , As it cant use more than that.

Also , I cant find the FRST tool thing , So i'm really in need of help.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Really in need of help.
This is annoying me , Every single time the cursor loads , Except when i'm running 100% of the memory , As it cant use more than that.

Also , I cant find the FRST tool thing , So i'm really in need of help.

Elemec, after so much that has already been accomplished for your system in a single day (I realize yigido's guidance was very thorough) our quests for the complete & squeaky clean systems we desire evolves into a never ending story for each of us. Presently, you may feel the distinct need for rest for both yourself and your system.
When you are ready, you can begin a thread on our malware assistance forum where one of our can get to the bottom of this latest "Annoyware" problem (What a fitting term!:D).
I'd nearly forgotten this is, in fact, your extremely fascinating configuration thread!:p

Reactions: Ink

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Elemec, after so much that has already been accomplished for your system in a single day (I realize yigido's guidance was very thorough) our quests for the complete & squeaky clean systems we desire evolves into a never ending story for each of us. Presently, you may feel the distinct need for rest for both yourself and your system.
When you are ready, you can begin a thread on our malware assistance forum where one of our can get to the bottom of this latest "Annoyware" problem (What a fitting term!:D).
I'd nearly forgotten this is, in fact, your extremely fascinating configuration thread!:p

The reason i need assistance , Is that FRST tool didnt work for me , Probably due to fact i'm not on safe mode.
But i remembered one thing. On old times , The way you remove viruses.
CMD.
Wish me luck

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.