Elemec's confing (Looking for improvements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
I've checked that already. Didnt download the new browser due to the taskbar being killed before anything.
Full scan of avira seems to be detecting something

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Also , Apologies if sometimes is a little hard to understand me , I'm not native english

Y

yigido

Also , Apologies if sometimes is a little hard to understand me , I'm not native english
I am not native English speaker too, do not worry :)
After the scan finish remove the threats and scan with MBAM (update it before)

Reactions: frogboy

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Might i suggest a password manager such as LastPass and for backup software i would suggest Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both of which have free versions that are very good. ;)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Might i suggest a password manager such as LastPass and for backup software i would suggest Aomei Backupper or Macrium Reflect both of which have free versions that are very good. ;)

Sure , I want to be as safe as possible , As this computer is shared , And 30% of the time it is used for banking things

Y

yigido

Sure , I want to be as safe as possible , As this computer is shared , And 30% of the time it is used for banking things
If you are making banking things,
Please use bookmarks of those bank websites.. it is the %100 guarentee way to protect yourselves against phishing attacks ;)
Bookmark them in the Dragon.

Reactions: Elemec

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Avira antivirus is half way done for finish the scan. Let's hope it detects whatever wasnt lettingme use junkware removal

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
If you are making banking things,
Please use bookmarks of those bank websites.. it is the %100 guarentee way to protect yourselves against phishing attacks ;)
Bookmark them in the Dragon.

At true , Wouldnt classify this as banking , But is used this way
My parents check how much money they have , And such on the original sites , They never miss the right ones , But also would be nice having some protection against password-stealers

Y

yigido

Avira antivirus is half way done for finish the scan. Let's hope it detects whatever wasnt lettingme use junkware removal
After the finish, please use RKill to terminate running malware processes.After that run a Malwarebytes scan.

Reactions: frogboy
Y

yigido

Kay , Should i keep RKill as another thing for keep me safe?
It is a portable application. It is not removing threats, it is just stops malware process that running on your PC right now. After running that, you can able to run other security softwares.

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Scan havent finished , But RKILL did something

Attachments

• Rkill.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 421

Elemec

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 23, 2015
Done. No virus found at all. I guess i'm safe.

Any other program recomendations , Yigido?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.