Not open for further replies.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
I will like to know what is other users take on this and if it is safe,seems outdated.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
OpenSLL file date to 2005 and unsigned may i add this is 2016 so i'm bothered.

Reactions: Logethica
H

hjlbx

It's a copy right date - and not a digital certificate time stamp...

If you notice the *.dll is not digitally signed and there is no requirement to do so; kernel mode drivers must be digitally signed with new rules forthcoming on Feb 14, 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Although the Copyright is more just a title description still a good way to create a feedback.

Many AV's expose some vulnerabilities because of their files are not been update and remain to be danger.

H

hjlbx

But if you look product version you will see it is 1.0.2d, that one was released 09.07.2015., there are newer versions.

There could be a technical or another reason why Emsisoft continues to use that version.

Someone should ask why it is still be used at the Emsisoft support forum.

NekoHr

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Feb 5, 2016
Of course there could be reason, nobody said they should just use it because it is new.

Reactions: Logethica
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.