Expired Emsisoft Anti-Malware 1YEAR (24Hours - 07.12.2017)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
You are welcome ;)
i didn't personally initiated the promo, our marketing team (which im part) did :)
Thanks so much for Team Emsisoft and Umbra for the 1 year license! Definitely my favorite! I am surprised for how light it is now on my old low-end system (Intel Atom, 1.66Ghz single core dual logical processors, 2GB RAM). Scanning is faster, no web slowdowns, perfected and super-fast GUI. Has improved a lot since version 8! Excellent software!

drakester

Level 1
May 14, 2017
Thanks so much for Team Emsisoft and Umbra for the 1 year license! Definitely my favorite! I am surprised for how light it is now on my old low-end system (Intel Atom, 1.66Ghz single core dual logical processors, 2GB RAM). Scanning is faster, no web slowdowns, perfected and super-fast GUI. Has improved a lot since version 8! Excellent software!
I tried uninstalling KIS 2018 and installing EAM and was very surprised at how light it felt compared to KIS. I think I will be paying for a 3-PC license soon.
Tested on my laptop and workstation and it seems to be really unobtrusive and I feel safe given all the testimonies and hub results that paint EAM as a solid defense.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
@GonzitoVir
If they don't care then sure no problem. I was merely trying to provide insight to whether it is actually a good idea to use VPN and lie about the location to get it. What if they do care and start banning people? Well that won't be good. It is more of a heads up, think before you go ahead and do it if you are not a new customer and actually in Germany

I never really thought of it this way to be honest Opcode and i am glad in a way that you wrote this as it has now made me think of my actions and the possible consequences but after reading what Umbra wrote below, it sounds like it is OK and we were being resourceful rather than "cheating". I know for me it is probably a way to try to a new security software for more than 1 month and if i like it then i will happily continue to subscribe to the vendor like @GonzitoVir has done.

Everybody, this promotion was legit, it was in cooperation with Chip.de and only for German users (hence the temporary regional blocking on the promo) , obviously some of you were resourceful enough to find their way around it.

vinylmeister

Level 2
Verified
Jan 29, 2015
Registered (from Germany), but can't update. "Can't connect to update servers. Please check internet connection and proxy settings." Well, i don't know what to do now...

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Thanks guys, we just focus on what users needs: simplicity, efficiency and lightness.

No need to be a super-genius-fortress software if no one understand how it works. ;)
May I ask, the option to fingerprint or cache known safe files for faster subsequent scans is gone. But is it still available within the program? Thanks.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Based on the results published by the big AV testers, it doesn't look like Emsisoft is superior to other AVs. But I see that many forum members think it is.
Why is Emsisoft better? I am not putting Emsisoft down, I am just asking. Consider it a noob question, as I have never used Emsisoft seriously.

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
I get Norton Security Suite through Xfinity and I can tell you that EAM is every bit as light and fast as Norton was, which is compliment enough. But the EAM GUI is also easier to navigate around. The one thing I personally would like to see, however, is a little nicer looking system tray icon. It's probably mostly just me, but I like a sharp looking icon with my AV. :) I read a few years ago as to why Emsisoft changed the icon to a more plain look, but I can't remember why. lol Any chance of a newer more modern looking one soon?

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Based on the results published by the big AV testers, it doesn't look like Emsisoft is superior to other AVs. But I see that many forum members think it is.
Why is Emsisoft better? I am not putting Emsisoft down, I am just asking. Consider it a noob question, as I have never used Emsisoft seriously.
It is not that it is the best .. But it is among the best.

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
I see we're giving priority to ems and in many testing videos, everyone is giving priority to ems which I don't like and many of us as well. I'm newbie I don't know which one is good or bad But I can give my opinion. I'm using EEK and its very nice and effective security product from ems. I respect your comments and you all are very nice peoples here but when I heard BEST (I'm not pointing to anyone this is my own thoughts) I want to say one thing nothing is Best (AV, Firewall etc) Event is closed and the thread is becoming pointless.

D

Deleted member 65228

Based on the results published by the big AV testers, it doesn't look like Emsisoft is superior to other AVs.
It is just peoples opinions. If someone uses/likes Emsisoft then they will recommend it and say good things, the same way that people who like VoodooShield will recommend it, or people who like Norton will recommend it, or uBlock and HTTPS Everywhere, etc. I don't think I have seen people say "it is the best", just opinions... And even if someone does claim that, who cares? Let them say whatever they want because you and I both know that there's no "best" AV :)

I think they have an awesome product though esp. because of dynamic protection and personally I think they are an honest vendor. I could never see them taking a bribe to display ads/bundle software, sadly I can't say the same about most other vendors

Wordward

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
Hello everyone. I just wanted to tell anyone who installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware that when I got home, I noticed I had no internet connection on the laptop I installed it on. All my other devices, without EAM installed, had a connection and worked. I decided to right click and shut down protection to see if maybe EAM was the culprit. I'm still not sure, but when I went to start protection again. Not only could I not find a way to enable all the real time components, but I could not put a check mark in the boxes within each individual protection module. Now I didn't disable all components, I "shut down protection." A reboot didn't work, nor could I find info on how to start up protection again. A complete uninstall and reinstall was the only thing that worked. My license was still good. At first I thought maybe the license keys had been black balled and that's why after shutting down protection I pretty much had the free version. Just curious about this. Let me know if anyone can either try it or tell me how to turn real time protection back on after a complete shut down. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 65228

Let me know if anyone can either try it or tell me how to turn real time protection back on after a complete shut down.
You should be able to re-enable the protection at ease by simply opening up Emsisoft Anti-Malware again and ensuring the protection components are enabled via the GUI. If you go to your Start Menu and search for "Emsisoft" it should show up on the results -> click it -> now it will load. If it doesn't load, after clicking on it, you should at-least find the system tray icon to double click on to show the GUI.

If none of that works then it must be a bug and you will have to contact Emsisoft or @Umbra.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.