Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2020.4.1.10107 update

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Today’s minor update to Emsisoft Anti-Malware 2020.4.1.10107 fixes the following issues:

• Rare scan hang issue.
  • Occasional issue where the UI process created higher than normal CPU load.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
That very old bug though but glad they fixed it.I think development somehow slow but more stable
In this case the problem was that very few users had this issue and they themselves were not able to reproduce it on their end but glad that they fixed it did. I have a free Emsi license that expires in a week. I may give it a one last round.

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
In this case the problem was that very few users had this issue and they themselves were not able to reproduce it on their end but glad that they fixed it did. I have a free Emsi license that expires in a week. I might give it a one last round.
yest Excellent software no bloatware do what supposed to do . i started using it since end of 2017 and found myself stuck to it.however the Ugly somehow buggy GUI but protection is good

DDE_Server

Level 22
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
but dark mode is better than light one
1586467626842.png

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Yes, it is nice indeed. BD free has the initial dark window but opening all subsequent windows in bright white, which I find off-putting. But, hey, it's free and the GUI not too important in the long run.
Yes, for a very basic UI I like the look of it. The drag and drop to scan is cool too. But like you said, everything else is white so that's off-putting.
But hey we don't have try too hard for a dark themed AV. We all have one and that is the built in WD 😁

In this case the problem was that very few users had this issue and they themselves were not able to reproduce it on their end but glad that they fixed it did. I have a free Emsi license that expires in a week. I may give it a one last round.
Update: The high CPU usage issue is not fixed yet even after this update 😒 No more round with Emsisoft for me for now.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.