Battle Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Norton Internet Security 2017

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I proved HERE that you canNot understand plain English.
So, keep these characteriza

Really? Better to be a Liberal than a Narrow-minded one. ;)
As I do Not use any Real-Time (Resident) AV,
I do Not get passionate with any particular brand. :cool:

However, I cannot claim the same for several Fanboys & Shills
as they have systematically thrown mud at various Testing organizations (AV-Comparatives, AV-Test etc.)
when they put their beloved AV on Low Ranking.

Malware-Testing Hobbyists,
who lack any Professional Accreditation,
but they have easily criticized AMTSO members
without offering any Evidence against the AMTSO members' Testing patterns.

Complete Madness...:p
yea we feel very bad about someone not respecting our free work.
i guess i don't understand English when half of your sentences make no sense.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Emsisoft failed the VB100 results (June 2017)

Virus Bulletin :: Comparative Results

Just for the record...:D
GUy4xZ.png

vs

GzrTOB.png

ok buddy.

hahahahhaahah
9mRs2h.png

Last edited:
Reactions: simmerskool

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Wow, that's tough stuff @mekelek. :eek:

Emsisoft has failed several times on vBulletin now, way behind Bitdefender, which it is using in addition to a great BB. Does not compute.

Heck, I see solutions in the Malware Hub getting whacked all the time while EAM shines and yet these results are basically a declaration of bancruptcy.

Now we all know that tests vary, grain of salt and all, but a VB100 cert is considered a given with the leading solutions in my book. I'm puzzled really. :confused:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Emsisoft failed the VB100 results (June 2017)

Virus Bulletin :: Comparative Results

Just for the record...:D
Going to copy-paste my comment from Wilders

Reading the pdf, it states

For the second ('Proactive') part of the RAP test, we freeze the product with their latest updates installed and then disable Internet access. After 10 days, we test the products using malware samples seen in the wild one to ten days after the product was frozen, thus after they had last received updates.

So, it seems Emsisoft didn't have access to its Anti-Malware Network. Btw, let's not forget that Auto-resolve mode for the behavior blocker was released for the stable version on August 1, 2017

Each person here can decide for themselves if Emsisoft failed or not. But based on this, I wouldn't think so.

Reactions: vtqhtr413 and Fritz

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Going to copy-paste my comment from Wilders

Reading the pdf, it states

For the second ('Proactive') part of the RAP test, we freeze the product with their latest updates installed and then disable Internet access. After 10 days, we test the products using malware samples seen in the wild one to ten days after the product was frozen, thus after they had last received updates.

So, it seems Emsisoft didn't have access to its Anti-Malware Network. Btw, let's not forget that Auto-resolve mode for the behavior blocker was released for the stable version on August 1, 2017

Each person here can decide for themselves if Emsisoft failed or not. But based on this, I wouldn't think so.
the fact that panda passed this test with 100.0, 100.0 makes this test totally invalid in my eyes.

212eta

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
May 11, 2011
O.K. It was not an Emsisoft's Failure.

-It is the Virus Bulletin Test to blame on it.
-Just like the AV-Comparatives Tests.

:D :D :D

Last edited:

LanceMan

Oct 1, 2017
New poster here, any reason why you couldn't run both Norton and Emsisoft on a system?
I've been running both on my system for a while without problems (exclusions set up for both products to exclude the other).
My thoughts were that Norton would be my primary A/V and Emsisoft would be my second opinion anti-malware.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
New poster here, any reason why you couldn't run both Norton and Emsisoft on a system?
I've been running both on my system for a while without problems (exclusions set up for both products to exclude the other).
My thoughts were that Norton would be my primary A/V and Emsisoft would be my second opinion anti-malware.

That's not recommended. Even if it looks like it's not conflicting you have no way of telling if one software is not interfering on the other's detection until it's too late. The ideal is to choose one to have as a real time protection and use the other as on demand only.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
That's not recommended. Even if it looks like it's not conflicting you have no way of telling if one software is not interfering on the other's detection until it's too late. The ideal is to choose one to have as a real time protection and use the other as on demand only.
I agree wholeheartedly.(y) This also applies accurately to personal/committed relationships as well as tasks performed safely rather than giving into such temptations:unsure: as text messaging while one is driving.:oops: Don't do it!:geek: ;):giggle:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.