Emsisoft Anti-Malware
Avast Premium
In-depth Comparison

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
Anyone know what the EDU discount for Emsisoft is? The only thing I can find online is "Send us authentication that you qualify and we'll give you a discount code".
From what I know, you need to send them an email or a support ticket.

Yes. We support education wherever we can. Therefore we’re offering special discount prices for students, teachers, schools, universities and charities. Please send an authentication that confirms that you are eligible for the discount to edu@emsisoft.com, then you will receive an access code, which allows you to order educational licenses with the discount.
Mind you this support thread is from 2017, so there is a chance it might deviate. The best option is to ask them about it to the email they provided for such inquiries.

FireHammer

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Aug 27, 2020
Hi, I have voted for Emsisoft, I do not use either of the 2 software, but I have had Avast Premium with all the Avast Premium software that goes with it for 10 months before I switched to BTS & I am not impressed, I would defiantly go for Emsisoft if I only had these options, Avast AV is good enough I suppose but all the additional software is not worth the large sum of money IMHO.:)

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
I chose Avast, but i like Emsisoft too.
Avast is slightly better for me. It has excellent behavioral detection combined with the useful Hardened Modes.Added to that you get features to enchance your protection, to name a few, Sandboxing, Ransomware Shield, protection for your passwords in your browser, firewall.

Despite that Avast is a bigger suite, it feels lighter than Emsisoft. During Signature updates Emsisoft can take huge amount of Ram and the behavioral protection can sometimes be confusing when it is triggered by a safe program, during an update, for example.

SamBill

Level 1
May 29, 2020
Avast works good for me. There's a 3 month trial in the giveaway section, if you want you can try it out and see. It runs light and silent. I like their update strategy, doesn't cause unnecessary spikes in CPU and memory usage.

Just go to settings and deselect the privacy options, you'll no longer receive recommendations and you're data won't be processed by any analytics to offer ads.

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Personally I think that Emsisoft has the better product. It looks more professional and doesn't use fear mongering tactics to get you to subscribe to the more expensive products. Honestly if you need protection, Avast's free protection would probably suffice. But if you want to spend a little extra, emsisoft's BB and commitment to privacy is definitely something that stands out

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.