Battle Emsisoft Emergency Kit vs Comodo Cleaning Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plexx

Can we choose both?

Both have their pros and cons as well as different scenarios to use either one.

If we look at detection based, then EEK due to 2 engives vs CCE's 1 engine.

Scan speed, EEK wins

Cleaning process: Tied

Download size and updates: CCE wins

Usability: Both can be used by average Joe as well as advanced users (tied)

Force mode to bypass infections: CCE wins

My opinion: Both.

PS: Can't remember if both CCE and EEK can run on safe mode. I believe CCE can't but I don't recall if I have attempted or not.

BSOD

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 29, 2012
Biozfear said:
Can we choose both?

Scan speed, EEK wins

PS: Can't remember if both CCE and EEK can run on safe mode. I believe CCE can't but I don't recall if I have attempted or not.

Alright, I shall add the multiple choice option. :)
...although I do not know how to.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
BSOD said:
Biozfear said:
Can we choose both?

Scan speed, EEK wins

Alright, I shall add the multiple choice option. :)
...although I do not know how to.

I added "Both" and "Other (please list)" to the poll options.

If someone needs their vote changed, please let us know and we can change it for you.

Good day.:D

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Since I run a home computer business, I can fill you in on a little secrets.

When you remove malware as a business, you have to use products which are simply and are not time consuming. Your work and time costs the customer more money and also takes time away from your other customers.

Products which are easy and non-time consuming are:

1. Malwarebytes
2. Hitman Pro
3. McAfee Stinger
4. Norton Power Eraser
5. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool

Those are the basic tools used by paid computer techs.

Sometime on infected systems I will use Emsisoft Emergency Kit because it an complete advanced tool unlike CCE which takes entirely too much time. EEK it more precise since it has Hijack Free (a better tool than Killswitch and Autoruns put together). EEK scanner also has better detection rate, even better now since BitDefender's engine is included and less false positives than CCE scanner and is much faster.

It is a standard procedure for computer techs to always boot into Windows Safe Mode to remove infections. Therefore process explorer products like Killswitch are useless since malware can not run in Safe Mode. But EEK's Hijack Free is very helpful because it will list all of the ways malware can hook into Windows Kernel, allowing you to remove any hooks.

Computer techs do not follow malware removal guides since they are so many variants of the same malware categories each require a different removal procedure. Malware will change so fast that guides can not be updated fast enough to be useful.

On highly infected systems, the default procedure is always to backup user files and re-install Windows. You can't risk the chance of malware still being present after the customer has paid you to remove it.

Backing up user files and re-installing Windows is usually much faster, easier and saves the customer money.

Good day.:D

D

Deleted member 178

Littlebits said:
On highly infected systems, the default procedure is always to backup user files and re-install Windows. You can risk the chance of malware still being present after the customer has paid you to remove it.

Backing up user files and re-installing Windows is usually much faster, easier and saves the customer money.

you just disclosed our most hidden secret ;)

P.s: i agree for Hijack free

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
For a clean PC; I wouldn't use either, as your current AV, Malwarebytes or HMP should be adequate enough.

For an suspected/infected PC; I'd agree with Littlebits, as it appears to be the most logical approach.

omar khttab

Nov 23, 2012
i find the both of them have high detection rate
cce / comdo anti-virus engine have a lot of false positve but have fast scan speed
cleaning infected files are good

eek : using two engine (bitdefnder-emsisoft anti malware engine ) are great and also high detection rate
the scan speed also fast

cleaning infected files good but not like cce
finaly if i have a normal computer without infected/suspicious items and use to scan regularly i will use eek but if i have a infected pc i will use cce

and as other members said there are some tools are also good same as eek and cce like :
malwarebytes..
hitmanpro
dr.web cure it (dr.web engine are also used in hitman pro )
Superantispyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.