Battle Emsisoft, F-Secure, Bullguard, or Avira?

Compare list
Emsisoft Anti-Malware
F-secure Safe
BullGuard Internet Security
avira Internet Security
In-depth Comparison

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I don't know about Bullguard but other three are great products. It's not just about detection rates all the time you know, UI, customization, resource usage, etc matters too. I think the best thing would be to try them all one by one for few days and see which one do you like the most.

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Emsisoft, because it's the only one of mentioned, which can be configured in the Behaviour Blocker to add systems inbuilt unwanted software rules. :ROFLMAO:
1_10.PNG

Last edited:

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I would choose Emsisoft w/o any doubt, I really like it's Behavior Blocker. You can always install trial on your system, let it settle for a week to see how it behaves.
PS I don't think I ever used Bullguard for a more than a week, so can't really recommend that.
Also might I ask why you have license for all 4 of them? I am curious.

Last edited:

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I do not know much about Bullguard because I have never used it, I do not exclude that it can be good.
for the rest I know that they are good softs and worth our attention, but each of them must be well configured and you will certainly be happy with them.
Personally, I have used F Security for a long time and I have the best opinion about this software, I can not say anything bad about Emisoft.
also is a good program and liked by intrnautów.
but the choice is yours, you can test each one and choose the one that suits you best.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
fsecure is heavy and emsisoft too has no firewall . they both are superb in some aspects but weak in some others . For instance their consumer response is via email i think and you have to deal with problems on your own. somewhat .
i like Avira protection wise is rock solid but it is so bloated that i personally can not use it. If you don't mind their modules and other stupid stuff well i would go with Avira 100% . Bullguard is fine and it is not bloated at all . but it has a dull BB and very good antivirus antimalware module. the rest is just fine .
down to choosing which is better? well i think it is whatever suits your needs too, and your pocket

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
Emsisoft, F-Secure, Bullguard, or Avira?

-> Avira strong signatures, lacks of BB, no improvements over the last months
-> Emsisoft and F-Secure strong Allrounder but heavy on some systems
->Bullguard -> Protection depends on Bitdefender Sigs and Cloud, poor or sleeping BB.

L

Local Host

From the listed I would choose Emisoft every day, is the most solid and stable solution from the bunch.
Emsisoft, F-Secure, Bullguard, or Avira?

-> Avira strong signatures, lacks of BB, no improvements over the last months
-> Emsisoft and F-Secure strong Allrounder but heavy on some systems
->Bullguard -> Protection depends on Bitdefender Sigs and Cloud, poor or sleeping BB.
Avira has behaviour blocker...

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
- Emsisoft is light and offers great protection. It uses Bitdefender engine, so expect high detection rates. They also have in-house engine to detect PUPs. The best component in Emsisoft is their BB. The support is amazing.

- F-Secure is light. It uses Avira signatures. The BB is strong but not as strong as Emsisoft's. The support is great.

-Bullguard the lightest of the three products. It uses itdefender engine and their BB is strong. Stronger than F-Secure's but not as strong as Emsisoft's. Bullguard has a firewall module that compelments Windows firewall. The support is good.

Personally, I would go with F-Secure.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
From the listed I would choose Emisoft every day, is the most solid and stable solution from the bunch.

Avira has behaviour blocker...
no, it doesn't
avira only has behavior detection, which is used to determine which file should be uploaded to avira's cloud (probably has multiple engines licensed by opswat!?)
if the file isn't suspicious enough to trigger behavior detection, the file won't be checked with the cloud (to reduce server load) => infection
avira pro has better sensor than the free version according to my previous tests and avira's representative could not clearly explain why

L

Local Host

no, it doesn't
avira only has behavior detection, which is used to determine which file should be uploaded to avira's cloud (probably has multiple engines licensed by opswat!?)
if the file isn't suspicious enough to trigger behavior detection, the file won't be checked with the cloud (to reduce server load) => infection
avira pro has better sensor than the free version according to my previous tests and avira's representative could not clearly explain why
I know full well Behaviour Blocker is combined with the Avira Cloud Protection, it's still considered a Behaviour Blocker (Avira Sensor Detection covers it locally).

No one here is talking about Avira Free.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.