EmsiSoft Incorporates Anti-Ransomware Into It's BB Technology

Emsisoft is adding an Anti-Ransomware module: Are you excited for this ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Hmmm it said it was an codeinjector.... i have done what i could do ask support send files ask support again send files again ask support again in around 8 WEEKS! they still didnt wanted ( or couldnt )to fix it but they said it was indeed a FP
If Emsisoft doesn't satisfy you, then use another product mate. 8 weeks?? Seriously!! (i seriously doubt Emsisoft customer care would let you down during all this time)Then you just remove Emsisoft and install another product....well, lets say AVIRA :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
If Emsisoft doesn't satisfy you, then use another product mate. 8 weeks?? Seriously!! (i seriously doubt Emsisoft customer care would let you down during all this time)Then you just remove Emsisoft and install another product....well, lets say AVIRA :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Thats why i dont like Emsisoft...
I dont like Avira at all i want an fully ai/cloud based product and i dont care about any Antivirus ( avira has the best cloud/ai now for my needs )
What game brother ?
LocoSoccer on Steam
and some others but i dont know wich ones lol it was all dirt cheap games..
to earn some points :p i wanted to try them out but some where blocked for codeinjector...

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Love how they don't dick around and say it like it is. Yes, it's just highlighting an already existing function. End of story.

I have a feeling most competitors wouldn't answer in the first place, but if they did it'd be something akin to "Uhm... yeah... well... we did add some secret sauce (TM) but we can't disclose the details for security reasons..." :p

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Emsisoft has been blocking so many games in steam recently, I had to set the entire steam folder 'excluded'.

I'm trying to think the last one it flagged.. I think it was 911 Operator..

Reactions: Azure

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Emsisoft has been blocking so many games in steam recently, I had to set the entire steam folder 'excluded'.

I'm trying to think the last one it flagged.. I think it was 911 Operator..
I'm curious. What is causing the false positives for you? Is it the signatures (if so, Emsisoft or Bitdefender) or the behavior blocker(with or without the Anti-Malware Network)?

I have been getting a false positive too. It was due the Anti-Malware Network reporting it as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.