Battle Emsisoft Internet Security 9 vs Kasperksy Internet Security 2015 vs ESET SS 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
I need to purchase a new... Internet Security I want best of the best and reasons why if you choose one can you please give reasons why that one over the others.. please

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
i would go with emsisoft internet security. Emsisoft is one of the best when it comes to privacy with ur privat data. Top detecion rate and the bb is outstanding+the support is amazing. be aware, u will have much eset fanboy post without any explantion why to chose eset.

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
The issue I have with EMSISOFT is if you use an injector to inject items into a game, if the injector changes you need to restart everytime you wanna re-load it. Besides that I think it's a nice product.

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
I think that ESET is better than the other two in your list ( I'm not a fanboy at all)
but ESET has lowest system impact when it comes to real world system impact
ESET has great signatures
It has the best adware and PUP detection you can get

Emsisoft is very good has a great BB but it has higher system impact
Kaspersky is a great product but slows down my pc to much that I can't afford using it so ESET the best again

Reactions: NSG001

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
I think that ESET is better than the other two in your list ( I'm not a fanboy at all)
but ESET has lowest system impact when it comes to real world system impact
ESET has great signatures
It has the best adware and PUP detection you can get

Emsisoft is very good has a great BB but it has higher system impact
Kaspersky is a great product but slows down my pc to much that I can't afford using it so ESET the best again
thats actualy wrong. Change eset to max settings, than its not that light. specialy when u gaming u have sometimes framelaggs. testet on some machine. always the same results. eset on default is lighter, jep, but not changed with max settings. And better have a good bb that blocks unknow viruses with nice detection rate instead have top notch signatures but when 1 unknown malware not detect ur infected instant with eset

WalterWolf

Level 3
Verified
Jan 28, 2013
thats actualy wrong. Change eset to max settings, than its not that light. specialy when u gaming u have sometimes framelaggs. testet on some machine. always the same results. eset on default is lighter, jep, but not changed with max settings. And better have a good bb that blocks unknow viruses instead have top notch signatures but when 1 unknown malware not detect ur infected anyway.

You're wrong,im using ESET almost on max settings,and i see no difference.

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
thats actualy wrong. Change eset to max settings, than its not that light. specialy when u gaming u have sometimes framelaggs. testet on some machine. always the same results. eset on default is lighter, jep, but not changed with max settings. And better have a good bb that blocks unknow viruses with nice detection rate instead have top notch signatures but when 1 unknown malware not detect ur infected instant with eset

I only said my opinion and how it worked for me but I have used emsisoft and I can say that it is much heavier in its default settings then eset on max settings
and in my point of view I don't think that a normal user will get infected by a zero day malware really
emsisoft adware detection is not that good and is very important to me

dowN1

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Aug 11, 2014
I don't know if I'm the only one with that problem, but I tried EIS on two PC's (win7 / win 8.1) and every time when utorrent is on (I'm not downloading/uploading anything), I get high CPU usage because of FW. When I turn of firewall, everything seems to be ok. So If you're torrent addict like me, and you have this problem, I'm sure you are gonna avoid EIS.

ESS - I'm sure fanboys wil do their jobs :D

KIS - it's definitely heavy ( if you have the money, go for kaspersky pure - it's lighter) but that's the best AV I've ever used. 3 years on my PC without serious infection, and I downloaded tons of "suspicious" content from the internet in the past. For me, they have the best firewall which is actually a part of a security suite.

*voted for KIS

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I use all of them on different systems and different machines.
EIS 9 on all my windows 7 installations except for family desktop which I use ESS 8.
Kis 2015 & ESS8 on Windows 8.1 varied on a few dual booted machines.

If you have the hardware KIS 2015 runs fine with a slightly noticeable increase in boot time
EIS 9 & ESS 8 are also very good choices.The choice is really up to you and what works best on your machine.

I have not had an infection in over 15 years.I have only used these 3 products in all of those years.Of course some common sense has helped also but I am no saint.
I have tried many and still do occasionally but Emsisoft,Kaspersky & ESET are what have worked best for me.

However for the sake of this thread I would say that if you have the hardware resources,meaning not an old PC,then I would recommend giving KIS 2015 a try.Protection is outstanding and it really is a very good security suite packed with some very useful features

D

Deleted member 21043

Hi.

I recommend you download and try the free trials to the Software. Usually, all Security Software gives the user a trial to test out if they like the product and for them to see how it performs and what it offers before purchasing.

All three you suggested are effective at preventing malware infections. Try them out and see which one you like best! ;)
Thanks.

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
OK so question does kaspersky have HIPS? Eset does, emsisoft doesn't but they have the best application guard.

My wife is using an out dated gateway about 3 years I gotta have it work on 3 pcs

Saddly I've tried all 3 and fail to see any major difference between eset and kaspersky but there is a difference between emsisoft and the other 2 for sure

Last edited by a moderator:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
OK so question does kaspersky have HIPS? Eset does, emsisoft doesn't but they have the best application guard.

My wife is using an out dated gateway about 3 years I gotta have it work on 3 pcs

Saddly I've tried all 3 and fail to see any major difference between eset and kaspersky but there is a difference between emsisoft and the other 2 for sure
Kaspersky has a System Watcher. It can detect dangerous behavior on the system and has a roll-back feature to undo most types of malicious actions.
IMO, the difference may be that ESET is the lightest and the fastest in action, best in detecting potentially unwanted and unsafe programs. Kaspersky I always loved as the best at protecting the machine. Emsisoft in the middle. I don't really like Emsisoft big GUI but that doesn't do anything with protection and security, just eye-(un)catchy.
Whatever you choose you won't make a mistake. Nuances differs them.

Reactions: dowN1 and BIgD1

BIgD1

Level 3
Verified
Oct 25, 2014
I admit that I have not used EIS much, but I have used Eset and Kasperky for years now, so I will just discuss those two.

I love Eset because they have kept the junk out of it, and the detection rate is in the top. Like the fact that it does not need browser extensions because it's built in. Eset also runs lighter on my system than KIS.

KIS technology wise is at the pinnacle of the security game. Trusted applications mode available with KIS but disabled by default, and System Watcher with roll back of malware are good. On boot up it's heavy, but that's just KIS doing it's thing. Once the system is up and running, It seems to be light. When it comes to cleaning infections that others can't remove, I always come to KIS because it's very good at it.

Wish I could vote for both, but this time around Kaspersky gets my vote.

BIgD1

Level 3
Verified
Oct 25, 2014
Kaspersky has a System Watcher. It can detect dangerous behavior on the system and has a roll-back feature to undo most types of malicious actions.
IMO, the difference may be that ESET is the lightest and the fastest in action, best in detecting potentially unwanted and unsafe programs. Kaspersky I always loved as the best at protecting the machine.

Could not have said it any better.

Reactions: BoraMurdar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.