Battle Emsisoft Internet Security 9 vs Kasperksy Internet Security 2015 vs ESET SS 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
I need to purchase a new... Internet Security I want best of the best and reasons why if you choose one can you please give reasons why that one over the others.. please

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Wow, okay. You should be able to run any ONE of those suites on your PC without any issues. Kaspersky has been known to be one the higher ranked suites. Namely the features below, is why I would choose Kaspersky, if you're looking for a top product:
+Proactive Detection of unknown malware and rollback of harmful activity.
+Automatic Exploit Prevention ensures vulnerabilities won’t compromise your PC.
+Application Control prevents dangerous applications from harming your system.
http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/internet-security#Feature1

Remember you do not need the best of best to stay protected. If you're interested, see my Signature to see what I'm running (Avast Free 2015 w/ Custom settings + Sandboxie).

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
Yes I could but that would be a frivolous waste of my gaming pc lol I'm wondering because I need to protect my wife's pc and it's a 3 year old gateway i3.i use keyscrambler so kaspersky keywords protection isn't that hard to duplicate on any software

I also over clocked my pc to 4.5ghz so I have more then enough processing power I use 4gb of memory on boot up with no lag that's including any of the security suites

Last edited by a moderator:

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
She's currently using nod32 av last year's model I don't think she notices anything so I guess my real question is

Its about a 15$ difference for me between kis and Pure I doubt my pc will see a difference is there any reason to take pure over kis? Also I have two of the same pc build only difference is the other one is my roommates he's using 8gb memory and 550ti and 1 ssd

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
3 suites are really great but if I will personally choose with considerable specifications then go for KIS since its a proved and tested to be worth for it to purchase by mostly people which followed also by ESET.

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
How can I set KIS to maximum security someone says you need to set it that way.. for my wife....
You can define your own max settings according to your needs. :)
Kaspersky Support explains in detail: Kaspersky Support (KIS 2015)

How Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 works & What's new in Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, You can see it here :)

I'm sorry for my bad english :)

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
I have an issue where it thinks anything google is not a trusted site and URL CHECKER keeps #####ing up on it... anyway to resolve this?

does URL CHECKER do anything overly important?

Reactions: Adhit Prakosho

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
I have an issue where it thinks anything google is not a trusted site and URL CHECKER keeps #####ing up on it... anyway to resolve this?

does URL CHECKER do anything overly important?
You can disable it >> Setting -> Extension -> Uncheck
URL_COY.png

I always use this to help me in determining a good website :)
URL1.png

You can set it here :)
URL_COY_1.png

Adhit Prakosho

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
My question stands does it do anything overly important?
yes for me, but sometimes I am breaking also. but you should not worry as long as you do not disable AV / pause protection AV , all will be fine. This only help you to determine a good website that has been confirmed kaspersky :)

But importantly, you must use Safe Money always if you transacting online :)
you can set it : Kaspersky Support

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
My question stands does it do anything overly important?

URL checker is important cause even though you have web shield and file shield, you're first primary defense in dealing of surfing is that feature itself so you are aware on unexpected incident.

It can sacrifice a bit on browsing but it can give you protection within matters.

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
URL checker is important cause even though you have web shield and file shield...

I think the url checker is quite useless. First of all, if the URL checker designated a search result as malicious, the web-shield would have blocked it anyway. Secondly, it only works with search results. There are no symbols next to urls which you see in e-mails, forum posts and instant messengers. In my opinion it is unnecessary bloat, especially since Kaspersky products can block access to websites independently of any browser extensions.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
All 3 are excellent choices, you won't go wrong with any of them but since I'm a little bit biased, I'll go with ESET (Call me a fanboy, whatever) for its ease of use. What I like about ESET is that they tend to keep things simple and straightforward without all those unnecessary browser extensions that Kaspersky has. ESET also has far less FPs than Emsisoft in my experience.

Ajay123

Level 2
Verified
Nov 12, 2014
Im currently using Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 ....and planning to move to Eset..So which one you guys prefer?..KIS or Eset in terms of perfomance and protection?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.