Battle Emsisoft Internet Security 9 vs Kasperksy Internet Security 2015 vs ESET SS 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus1x

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 6, 2014
I need to purchase a new... Internet Security I want best of the best and reasons why if you choose one can you please give reasons why that one over the others.. please

stephentony

Level 1
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
BoraMurdar Said:
On that hardware you can run all 3 at the same time and feel no slowdowns.

Absolutely! Very funny. You can run just about anything you want with those specs. I have 16GB's RAM, a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD with a AMD Black Edition FX‑8350 4 GHz 8‑core CPU overclocked to 4.5 GHz and I have actually run both Kaspersky or Eset side by side with Emsisoft Anti-Malware not the Emsisoft suite! You can run EAM because EAM is a companion AV/AM as is Webroot, but you need to list both under each others exclusions, along with a few tweaks. Read the very well done Umbra Polaris guide of impossible combinations in this forum if you are interested. In practical terms, you can do it, but you don't need it.

Do not try to run the Emsisoft suite with either Kaspersky IS or Eset SS. My boot times were almost instantaneous (the SSD helps there) and then after booting system resources were not bogged down at all. Kaspersky is much lighter than it used to be but Eset still wins that battle. EIS is the heaviest of the three. Also, I believe Kaspersky is harder on the CPU than Eset. Again, as BoraMurdar said, don't run Kaspersky IS, Eset SS or EIS together. All three are superior products but I just like Eset more for some of the reasons mentioned in this thread such as: Fantastic PUP's detection and a great webfilter with no plugins needed. Kaspersky drives me crazy with bad plugin support for Firefox. I think Emsisoft's behavior blocker is the best I've seen. Bottom line: You cannot make a bad choice here so run those trials as kram said and go with what you personally like the most.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.