App Review Eset Internet Security (Modified Settings)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
ESET is a Slovakian company renowned for its antivirus products. It has the reputation of being very light and very powerful.

For this test, we're modifying the configuration to the maximum, to see if ESET can protect us or not.
Let's have a look!

Interface: 10/10

ESET's interface hasn't changed that much, but it's still pleasant for geeks and novices alike.
I really like the fact that ESET offers a wide range of configuration options, so you can do whatever you want!

Protection:9/9 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Malware Pack : Remaining 11 out of 728 - Clean

In my opinion, ESET is one of the best scanners around, because it removes a lot of malware very quickly!

What surprised me most of all was that ESET has finally improved its ability to block and detect JS and VBS script malware! None of them managed to launch!
The machine is now clean, so turning it up to full blast is clearly useless.

Result :
Eset : 0
NPE : 0
KVRT : 0

Recommand :Yes
System Clean : Clean

@Ultimate Vision request

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

ESET is a Slovakian company renowned for its antivirus products. It has the reputation of being very light and very powerful.

For this test, we're modifying the configuration to the maximum, to see if ESET can protect us or not.
Let's have a look!

Interface: 10/10

ESET's interface hasn't changed that much, but it's still pleasant for geeks and novices alike.
I really like the fact that ESET offers a wide range of configuration options, so you can do whatever you want!

Protection:9/9 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Malware Pack : Remaining 11 out of 728 - Clean

In my opinion, ESET is one of the best scanners around, because it removes a lot of malware very quickly!

What surprised me most of all was that ESET has finally improved its ability to block and detect JS and VBS script malware! None of them managed to launch!
The machine is now clean, so turning it up to full blast is clearly useless.

Result :
Eset : 0
NPE : 0
KVRT : 0

Recommand :Yes
System Clean : Clean

@Ultimate Vision request

I'm not surprised by the results in the least. That was not even max settings, as you can create custom firewall and HIPS rules and expand on this tremendously. The point of asking for the test though has been established a couple times. That security suites come by default balanced for protection and usability, one can always lock them down tighter if they feel the security provided is not adequate.

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
I cannot confirm this for the ESET NOD32 user interface. Things only get complicated if you choose the advanced settings. ESET can be configured very differently using the advanced settings. However, this is not necessary for normal use.eset it has a very poorly thought out interface
I cannot confirm this for the ESET NOD32 user interface. Things only get complicated if you choose the advanced settings. ESET can be configured very differently using the advanced settings. However, this is not necessary for normal use.

Inzingor

Level 1
Oct 15, 2023
Btw: Could you test Ikarus Anti Virus please? I would be interested to see how it performs. It comes from my country and is used in critical infrastructure, also because of data protection and privacy.

Reactions: Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Btw: Could you test Ikarus Anti Virus please? I would be interested to see how it performs. It comes from my country and is used in critical infrastructure, also because of data protection and privacy.

Why not :)
I had analyzed it over 1 year ago and it wasn't up to scratch.
I'll look into it when I have a moment ;)

( Eset is a very good antivirus, it protects my PC and we use it where I work :) Eset Endpoint)

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Do ya ESET internet security detect hitmanpro as a pua when pua set to balance and aggressive?

Nope :)

image_2023-10-20_141116588.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.