Emsisoft receives top award in Malware Protection Test

Does this result makes you considering using Emsisoft Anti-malware?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Yes, and i will change my actual antivirus for EAM.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 63.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Independent antivirus software testers AV-Comparatives recently released the results of their September Malware Protection Test. Guess who walked away with the highest accolade possible?

Emsisoft scores highly on protection rates
AV-Comparatives’ Malware Protection Test is a rigorous assessment that pits security software products against more than 20,000 recent and prevalent malware samples. Using strict testing methodologies, AV-Comparatives is able to see how well a security program can protect a system before, during and after a malicious file is executed.

We’re proud to announce that, even in the face of such stringent testing, Emsisoft Anti-Malware emerged with flying colors and was granted the Advanced+ Award.

malware-protection-award-0917-300x174.png

Read more here

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Can't switch back to Emsisoft as of yet, even though I am loyal customer for 4+ years, I really want for them to include more detailed information in BB what specific actions program X did to system. I understand that Emsisoft thinks it's not important for user to know it, but I think otherwise. I still recommend and support Emsisoft. (y):giggle:

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Congratulations to all you guys on the Emsisoft team, nice result.

I voted no unfortunately as while it seems to be an amazing security solution, i think i would not understand the software very well and wouldn't know how to use it to it's full potential or even to half it's potential, i tend to stick with a security that is just sort of install and leave it to do what it does because of my lack of knowledge. :rolleyes:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017

I voted no unfortunately as while it seems to be an amazing security solution, i think i would not understand the software very well and wouldn't know how to use it to it's full potential or even to half it's potential, i tend to stick with a security that is just sort of install and leave it to do what it does because of my lack of knowledge. :rolleyes:
It isn't very hard to use, its like any other antivirus, straightforward and easy.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Emsisoft AM isn't the geek tool it was before, now it is very simple to use, all is set out-of-the-box for easy usage; then with time you can tweak it to your specific needs.
Give it a try, it has a 30-days free trial period.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013

It is that easy even I can use it well. (y):cool:

Rebsat

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
I need an explanation please, I just saw the above test results by AV-Comparatives where EAM failed to protect the whole system against 3 malwares but Trend Micro Internet Security succeeded to protect the whole system against all 20,011 malwares without leaving the system compromised.

I am thinking about a way or method that I could use EAM with full features and Trend Micro Internet Security with just its malware protection. Is it possible? @Umbra @Fabian Wosar
I am afraid of those 3 malwares where EAM couldn't be able to protect the system against them.
What about EAM BB ability? Why did the EAM BB let those 3 malwares to compromise the system? @Emsisoft

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I need an explanation please, I just saw the above test results by AV-Comparatives where EAM failed to protect the system against 3 malwares but Trend Micro Internet Security succeeded to protect the system against all malwares without leaving the system compromised.

I am thinking about a way or method that I could use EAM with full features and Trend Micro Internet Security with just malware protection? Is it possible? @Umbra @Fabian Wosar
I am afraid of those 3 malwares where EAM couldn't be able to protect the system against them. What about EAM BB ability? Why did the EAM BB let those 3 malwares to compromise the system? @Emsisoft
The alternative question is, why would any AV let some malware run? :D

You rely too much on the independent test. If an AV scores 100% in the test, that doesn't mean that that AV is perfect. In the real world scenario, Trend Micro (or any other AV) will allow some malware to run (not intentionally, but by failure to detect), no matter how advanced its detection capabilities are.

Regardless, though, you now cannot combine Emsisoft with other AVs. In the past, it was okay, but Emsisoft changed course. If you're amazed by Trend Micro, then you can always use it. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.