Emsisoft receives top award in Malware Protection Test

Does this result makes you considering using Emsisoft Anti-malware?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Yes, and i will change my actual antivirus for EAM.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 63.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
I have a question please, Will Trend Micro Internet Security work alongside Emsisoft Anti-Malware without issues and incompatibility? Thanks ;)
I didn't tried but EAM isn't a companion AV anymore so it is not recommended to use those 2 at same time.

I am thinking about a way or method that I could use EAM with full features and Trend Micro Internet Security with just its malware protection. Is it possible? @Umbra @Fabian Wosar
Possible but not recommended at all.

I need an explanation please, I just saw the above test results by AV-Comparatives where EAM failed to protect the whole system against 3 malwares but Trend Micro Internet Security succeeded to protect the whole system against all 20,011 malwares without leaving the system compromised.
I am afraid of those 3 malwares where EAM couldn't be able to protect the system against them.
What about EAM BB ability? Why did the EAM BB let those 3 malwares to compromise the system? @Emsisoft
Don't put all your faith on tests, those are just information about a product in a certain time under certain conditions. I remember a time when Trend Micro detection was horribly low, it was saved only by its web filter.
Ask yourself, how many time in your life you will encounter malware in the wild? i am on internet since decades, i never encounter one malware. The last threat i encountered was a PUP... 15 years ago...the only malware that ever ran on my machines was because i looked for it and executed it myself to see how it performed.
And you don't have to be afraid, if they weren't caught during the test, they will surely be by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Great job Emsisoft (y)
The customer service is really great(y)
Some days ago EAM warned a false positive, I report it and it takes only 2 hours to the support for whitelisting the file:)
eamfp.PNG

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
I have been testing it ina VM for a few weeks and it does good, however it still misses a few that are flaged on VT by up to 30 other av's. it usually only takes a few days for the new detections though.

This file is a week old. it is only one out of 80 files.

VT: VirusTotal
How are you doing your test? Are you scanning the files or are you executing them?

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
How are you doing your test? Are you scanning the files or are you executing them?

The files come zipped. AS soon as I unzip them, Emsisoft starts dtecting them. Any left , I do another scan on those. I then drag and drop them to Voodooshield to check at VT. But before VS can do it's thing , I have to allow them to run because Windows does not like them. VS gives the number of engines that have detected them. Some have never gone through VT untill I submitted them. Then the number of engines detecting them shows up. I then go to VT and upoad them to see all that detected them.
Emsisoft always does a good job.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I voted no, because i'm used to Kaspersky for years.... it has never let me down.
Also dirt and dirt cheap (if you know where to look :LOL:)

...and KIS also auto-renewed my annual license at double the original cost ($75) :eek: 3 months after I had uninstalled KIS :oops:and without good notice that KIS was auto-debiting my credit card. :mad: Now running EAM again (has I had done in the past :D).

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Does this result makes you considering using Emsisoft Anti-malware?
No, EAM to EAM it's not a change xD.

I have been testing it ina VM for a few weeks and it does good, however it still misses a few that are flaged on VT by up to 30 other av's. it usually only takes a few days for the new detections though.

This file is a week old. it is only one out of 80 files.

VT: VirusTotal

This is not a Virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.