Emsisoft receives top award in Malware Protection Test

Does this result makes you considering using Emsisoft Anti-malware?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Yes, and i will change my actual antivirus for EAM.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 53 63.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

seanss

Level 1
Verified
Aug 8, 2016
malware-protection-award-0917-300x174.png

Read more here
The poll at the top is hilarious. Most people said no :LOL:

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
I would say both depending on how each vendor classifies the file.

Many differ from me but I do not like adware, pup's or riskware. I am not new to this. On Wilders I was one of the original 1000 members. the site shows me as joining in 2002. I know for a fact I was there in the late 90's Got banned and chose this nick. got banned from posting again about a month ago because I am considered a rebel. They don't tolerate freedom of speech on that site as many here on MT have come to know. Onr of the first companies I beta tested for was Quarterdeck , then Symantec bought them out then beta tested for Symantec. Just leting you know I have been around the block is all.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Many differ from me but I do not like adware, pup's or riskware. I am not new to this. On Wilders I was one of the original 1000 members. the site shows me as joining in 2002. I know for a fact I was there in the late 90's Got banned and chose this nick. got banned from posting again about a month ago because I am considered a rebel. They don't tolerate freedom of speech on that site as many here on MT have come to know. Onr of the first companies I beta tested for was Quarterdeck , then Symantec bought them out then beta tested for Symantec. Just leting you know I have been around the block is all.
I never questioned your knowledge!
I was just submitting my personal opinion.
Cheers!!:):)

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
What do you think of this one?
VirusTotal
From the name i assume it's not a real malware and just a test so some companies decide to classify them as malware and some others as clean as they do no damage.
Ps i am only going by the name. Didn't do any research on the file.

Oh and i voted no because i consider these tests irrelevant but i am using Emsisoft already based on my own experience and research.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I have a question please, Will Trend Micro Internet Security work alongside Emsisoft Anti-Malware without issues and incompatibility? Thanks ;)
Don't do that lol
Trend is best when used in Enterprise environments, and with no other solution installed, if EmsiSoft does not cause it issues (Trend Home) imho it should, or EmsiSoft should refuse to run if it notices Trend active in a home users environment.

Last edited:

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
The alternative question is, why would any AV let some malware run? :D

You rely too much on the independent test. If an AV scores 100% in the test, that doesn't mean that that AV is perfect. In the real world scenario, Trend Micro (or any other AV) will allow some malware to run (not intentionally, but by failure to detect), no matter how advanced its detection capabilities are.

Regardless, though, you now cannot combine Emsisoft with other AVs. In the past, it was okay, but Emsisoft changed course. If you're amazed by Trend Micro, then you can always use it. :)
100% spot on (y)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Does this result makes you considering using Emsisoft Anti-malware?
Hell 'NO', this test has no effect on my opinion. I already know Emsi is one of the top notched AVs currently.
Same reason for my "No" vote as well, have a very long history of using EmsiSoft, so no impact for me as well. (y)

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
"Kms activator" means it's a crack for office or Windows.Not really a virus just riskware:)
PS:
I don't condone the use of such tools!
Yes, it means someone is attempting to steal office and or Windows OS, that tool if you look it up is used to activate both Windows and or Office. That tool can be used as well to embed quite a variety of nasties, whoever is running it deserves what (could happn) and if MS finds that, theres a good chance your OS activation gets nuked, and deservedly so imho.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I got a free licence for Emsisoft with another product & although I'm using Panda at the moment often think I can do better so I’ll give Emsisoft a run. Emsisoft Internet Security has recently been removed & Emsisoft Anti Malware has the Windows Firewall hardened / protected & Emsisoft now has 'just' the one product. I'm going to give it a try.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
According to poll results, @Umbra has convinced two people to switch to Emsisoft = profit for company, more food for Umbra's children:barefoot::geek::giggle::love:
roflmao, had I known that I would have voted yes, you have to warn me ahead of time with these things davisd.
Back on topic, EmsiSoft is good now granted, and if AI is "part" of the future for Security software, can you imagine EmsiSoft
with full AI integration ? They are worth keeping an eye on for sure ;)

Thread author
roflmao, had I known that I would have voted yes, you have to warn me ahead of time with these things davisd.
Back on topic, EmsiSoft is good now granted, and if AI is "part" of the future for Security software, can you imagine EmsiSoft
with full AI integration ? They are worth keeping an eye on for sure ;)

Emsisoft and all the others have been using machine learning "Ai" for years. "Ai" is "Next Gen" marketing = clever repackaging and terminology to give the appearance of new and innovative technologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.