eowyn ~ my computer config..~ {{ i hope..}}

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
idk how to answer all of these questions, as my computer is really not liking me lately, and is totally a mess... :( ...i know what it is supposed to have in it...within the last month or two, all of a sudden, it is showing as 64 bit, and it isn't.. it is showing other things, uploading all kinds of programs it shouldn't be, etc..it is definitely infected with who knows what..good programs, all of a sudden were flagged and are gone, and i am just...lost...
{{ i wasn't sure if i should join, as i am a 'basic' computer person and not anywhere near, or even close to, the level of all of you all that i have read on here, so far... }}..believe it or not, i have used it for years, without all these problems..all of a sudden, it has gone ' nuts ' on me..i read the malware removal guide..it makes sense & i obvi have been invaded by something...i did try to run the Kaspersky TDSSKiller, again last night, & early this a.m...((no luck..my computer keep's saying this file cannot be found, etc..& it won't load it for some reason..obvi, i have something(s) wrong here...))..i hope this isn't too long..i answered as best as i could, atm...going to shut down, then restart computer, in a bit...will try to check in soon...i hope i answered some of your questions correctly.. :) ** (( i tried )) ** ty.. bear with me if i posted wrong...(( i am learning..ty all again )) :)

Reactions: Exterminator

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for sharing your configuration, eowyn.:) Not everyone here is at a level far beyond basic, like me:rolleyes: for instance!:D
I did find a link for you. "How To Clean Install Windows 7" http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/windows-7-clean-install-part-1.htm I hope it helps, and take heart in the simple fact that your system can be made right again, and there are lots of fellow members & staff here who can help bring you closer to making this happen.:cool:

Reactions: eowyn

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
Yes,a Windows clean installation is more than welcome (thats if you don't have very important data in your PC...in which case maybe you may want to save it first ;) )

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
First i would like to advise you to post your computers symptoms here please:
http://malwaretips.com/forums/malware-removal-assistance.10/

I would like to ask if you have uninstalled Kaspersky, before placing AVG free..

oh...sorry..i will try to do that..(post symptoms on the other string)..& no, i still have my Kaspersky installed..it shows four things in my installed programs area, for Kaspersky..((have had it installed for years, it ran out a bit ago))..i would have uninstalled, but wasn't sure if i would mess up computer more by uninstalling anything else, until i figure this all out, so i stopped uninstalling any programs..no, i have had AVG for about 3 to 5 years plus now, i think ((i do update & run it whenever i am on...))..after i answer you & everyone above, do i move, or repeat this to that string ?..(( i'll catch on ..sorry about that))

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Yes,a Windows clean installation is more than welcome (thats if you don't have very important data in your PC...in which case maybe you may want to save it first ;) )

yes, ty..( i need to get a disk, for a backup, i am guessing...or another USB card..idk) ty

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 178

yes if you know how to do a windows reinstallation , follow this:

0- save your important files to another partition than C: (if you have)
1- install windows
2- update it (all important updates)
3- do a backup of C: with Windows Backup

then stop:

and let us guide you from there

;)

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Thanks for sharing your configuration, eowyn.:) Not everyone here is at a level far beyond basic, like me:rolleyes: for instance!:D
I did find a link for you. "How To Clean Install Windows 7" http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/windows-7-clean-install-part-1.htm I hope it helps, and take heart in the simple fact that your system can be made right again, and there are lots of fellow members & staff here who can help bring you closer to making this happen.:cool:

ty for trying to make me feel better, for being 'basic'..* grins*..(( trust me, i know i am learning as i go, but it is nice of you to say that ))..ty for link ** :) **..ty everyone, for your information..i am going to try to list what symptoms are, in the other string area, right now...

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
yes if you know how to do a windows reinstallation , follow this:

0- save your important files to another partition than C: (if you have)
1- install windows
2- update it (all important updates)
3- do a backup of C: with Windows Backup

then stop:

and let us guide you from there

;)

you can laugh, i don't mind...** grins**.. as i don't know how..and i don't have a back up disc here, atm...(( i'll have to send one of my sons out, to grab me one, later today, i hope.. ))... one saved some some of their photos that weren't missing, on a portable USB card sunday...p.s. install windows?..i don't have the original disks (( they aren't where i put them..we have been searching the house))...i did do a reset twice or three times..didn't help..oh oh..i forgot..i am supposed to describe in the other string..(( ty,for your help :) )) can explain more there, as my computer is ...(( to be continued in the string area..))

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
I

illumination

you can laugh, i don't mind...** grins**.. as i don't know how..and i don't have a back up disc here, atm...(( i'll have to send one of my sons out, to grab me one, later today, i hope.. ))... one saved some some of their photos that weren't missing, on a portable USB card sunday...p.s. install windows?..i don't have the original disks (( they aren't where i put them..we have been searching the house))...i did do a reset twice or three times..didn't help..oh oh..i forgot..i am supposed to describe in the other string..(( ty,for your help :) )) can explain more there, as my computer is ...(( to be continued in the string area..))
Yes you are correct, you will receive the help you need in the other threads. No one will make fun of you here, as we all started as "beginners" at one point. ;) :)

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
Hi,
You should try to scan your computer with hitman pro and uninstall all your obsolete AV with revo uninstaller, that should be a good start

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Thanks for sharing your config :)

ty..learning as i go...am scared to mess up computer by uninstalling things that i did,trying to fix it on my own as it seemed to mess it up more :( ..{{ i do appreciate all advice, truly }}..

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Hi,
You should try to scan your computer with hitman pro and uninstall all your obsolete AV with revo uninstaller, that should be a good start

ty for your advice...as i cannot afford another computer & uninstalled things i thought were the things the , well, i call them ' rogue ' programs..i am kinda scared i messed my computer up more..ty for the advice..is appreciated by ALL of you :)

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Yes you are correct, you will receive the help you need in the other threads. No one will make fun of you here, as we all started as "beginners" at one point. ;) :)

ty illumination..'tis appreciated..as i am def ** basic **...:eek:

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
Hi,

also, SifhX, am not sure what you mean by obsolete AV w/ revo uninstaller, (i do appreciate the advice though & ty again) :) ..yes, still am working on trying to get this computer back to where i can use it without all the 'ick' on it...(( when able to, i will also try to use the hitman pro..am working on all and trying to figure out, at this point, what exactly can be removed and what i need to keep..etc )).. :) ..

SifhX

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2014
by obsolete AV I mean obsolete AntiVirus

If you are using AVG as active security software , I suggest you uninstall MacAfee, Kaspersky, Norton and any other security suite you might have, even if they ran out or are inactive ;)

eowyn

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 24, 2014
by obsolete AV I mean obsolete AntiVirus

If you are using AVG as active security software , I suggest you uninstall MacAfee, Kaspersky, Norton and any other security suite you might have, even if they ran out or are inactive ;)

ahhh...((kk..i understand now what you meant..ty for explaining it..))...:)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
also, SifhX, am not sure what you mean by obsolete AV w/ revo uninstaller...
Hi eowyn. I pray your quest towards "computer functionality" goes well in your favor..Soon! I think SifhX was suggesting you 'uninstall Anti Virus programs', those you no longer use = 'obsolete AV'. Different Anti-virus software programs can cause problems in a system as a result of their incompatibilities. 'Revo Uninstaller' was a software he was recommending to use in removal of the Anti Virus programs. We're all wishing you healing both technically & in your Spirit too!;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.