Advanced Plus Security ErzCrz's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Mar 15, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
Windows 11
OS version and support details
N/A
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Router and network details
Sky Router with built-in IPV4/IPv6 Firewall
Real-time protection
Comodo Internet Security 2027
CyberLock
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Comodo Internet Security 2027 - Proactive, autocontainment to Untrusted
Cyberlock - ON - Firewall Rules for Unsafe Items. SmartFirewall Recommended, Require Captcha to exit.
RansomwareGuard
Periodic malware scanners
Malwarebytes
Emsisoft
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Primary: Edge with Osprey, uBlock Origin Lite & ESET
Secondary: Firefox with uBlock Origin & Osprey Browser Extension & ESET
Secure DNS
Quad9 DNS over HTTP
Desktop VPN
Firefox Free Built-In.
Password and passkey manager
Keepass 2.x
Maintenance tools
Windows built-in Disk Clean-up and Storage Sense.
File and photo backups
AOMEI Backupper Pro - Monthly Full Backups & Weekly Differential Backups
Subscriptions
    • None
System recovery
Lenovo Built in Recovery, AOMEI Backupper Pro Recovering Environment & Bootable USB. Weekly differential and essentials backup
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Notable changes
See First Post Spoilers
08.02.2026 - 2026 setup - ESET Security Essentials, CyberLock, RansomwareGuard
11.03.2026 - Just minor tweak to DNS to DNS4EU servers.
15.03.2026 - Upgraded ESET to Premium
24.06.2026 - Switched DNS back to Sky DNS (Sky Shield)
23.07.2026 - Switched to Comodo Internet Security 2027
26.09.2026 - Changed DNS to Quad9
----------------------------------------
Disclaimer we use date format DD/MM/YYYY here in the UK
Feedback preference

Showcase only - no advice requested

Just a quick not for those using WFC. You can still deploy @Andy Ful 's Firewall hardening and it will still block the connection even if you create an allow rule for it in WFC.

I created a block rule for Firefox via the Firewall Hardening Tool and have allow rules in WFC but connection still blocked :) See below.

1769709222757.png

1769709273601.png


1769709334933.png
 
Just a quick not for those using WFC. You can still deploy @Andy Ful 's Firewall hardening and it will still block the connection even if you create an allow rule for it in WFC.

I created a block rule for Firefox via the Firewall Hardening Tool and have allow rules in WFC but connection still blocked :) See below.
I believe this is because rules written directly in Windows Firewall, including rules written in GPO, take precedence over 3rd party FW that use WFP.
Unlike most other Firewall programs, Minimal Firewall acts as a frontend, avoiding enlarging your computer's attack surface by playing around with lower levels of the WFP. ... When you use a WFP app, it acts as a filter on top of Windows Firewall. The problem is that Microsoft sets varying levels of importance to its firewall rules (e.g. those changed in group policy editor or related to Windows Defender may have higher importance). So if the filter and Windows Firewall rules conflict, it's not clear which one supercedes the other. Minimal Firewall avoids this by working directly with Windows Firewall without having to shut off this key part of your Windows security.
 
Last edited:
For some reason I'm being just as indecisive this year. Will probably drop CFW again since CyberLock is my default-deny currently and Dan's Ransomeware Guard is a useful tool. I am, for some reason, thinking about picking up Malwarebytes for a year and see how that goes though unsure if I'd have it replace MD or go along side it if I did. Emsisoft also an option though I think MB would be lighter.

EDIT: Having either won't add to things if I go MD, DefenderUI, CyberLock, RansomwareGuard and WFC. as those already cover bases. Just one of those weird weekends I think.
 
Last edited:
I asked AI what the default setting is for HIPS of ESET, and it gives some options. Do you know what your default HIPS setting is
View attachment 296296
I'm in between installs experimenting with some setups but I just use whatever the default setup is rathing than tweaking it. @Shadowra is likely to have far more expertise with it than me.
 
I asked AI what the default setting is for HIPS of ESET, and it gives some options. Do you know what your default HIPS setting is

By default, ESET only protects its own files from corruption.
In smart mode, it does a little more but is still pretty poor.

I think a member of MT created some lists to boost its HIPS, I'll see if I can find them... (or I'll create my own list when I have a moment).
 
By default, ESET only protects its own files from corruption.
In smart mode, it does a little more but is still pretty poor.

I think a member of MT created some lists to boost its HIPS, I'll see if I can find them... (or I'll create my own list when I have a moment).
I had sent you my custom ESET HIPS & FW rules for testing including the folder guard rules for ransomware in PM, mate. I’m not using ESET anymore but if you have time for testing it out in the future, it’ll be great 😊.
 
I had sent you my custom ESET HIPS & FW rules for testing including the folder guard rules for ransomware in PM, mate. I’m not using ESET anymore but if you have time for testing it out in the future, it’ll be great 😊.
If I ask you nicely, would you send me these settings too? And what do you use instead of ESET?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top