Advice Request Escan very bad company

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Harputlu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
the worst company policy I have ever seen in my life: escan

i bought 1 pc 3-year 6 months ago (Amazon.in v14 version).Escan was updated to the new version this week.(v22)
when I contacted support, they asked for a fee for the upgrade. i bought the product for 400 rupees. The fee they want from me is 2280 rupees: 30 dollars!!! why should I pay so much money for a program that I use for only 6 months ? support is also not helping. think what should I do ?

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
So sorry to hear this. Terrible policy indeed. If they don't upgrade you for free, then stop using the product. Escan uses Bitdefender's signature which is one of the best in the industry. So if you like Bitdefender's signature then there's a promo available which will give you a free 6 months trial of Bitdefender Total Security. You may switch to that.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Sorry you got burned,probally your existing version will still upgrade virus signatures so your protection level should still be good, I would try contacting them again, maybe their customer service person gets a commission on sales (and is a rip off) while another is not.GL

Harputlu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
Sorry you got burned,probally your existing version will still upgrade virus signatures so your protection level should still be good, I would try contacting them again, maybe their customer service person gets a commission on sales (and is a rip off) while another is not.GL
I will be very happy if you can help, thank you

Harputlu

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
So sorry to hear this. Terrible policy indeed. If they don't upgrade you for free, then stop using the product. Escan uses Bitdefender's signature which is one of the best in the industry. So if you like Bitdefender's signature then there's a promo available which will give you a free 6 months trial of Bitdefender Total Security. You may switch to that.
I have a Bitdefender license that I have not activated. But I react because I think I've been tricked

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Ugh, just buy Emsisoft Anti-Malware and you're good. It also uses BitDefender's signatures and doesn't slow down your PC.

I strongly recommend don't buy Emsisoft ,
the quality of their service has also dropped drastically in this year .

Emsi have a lot of personnel changes in 2021 ,
people who had been well-served and professional were transferred or resigned,
the original customer lead(manager) was also removed from the management position.

The official forum had a pretty long period of time ,
no official staff came forward to solve customer problems .
(But it has improved recently)

When I am still Emsisoft's customer ,
I used to complained about their poor service ,
and their response is banned my email and forum account .

Emsi will even terminate legitimate users license , then ban your email and forum account with out reason ,
Emsi’s current management team and policies , for customers is no guarantee and quite dangers ,
because they can do anything to you at will with out notice .

Also , two months ago , I had a friend contact Ashampoo for asking their product issue ,
Ashampoo product manager reply to him , Emsi had already stop OEM deal ,
because they are focus on business product .

I don't think buying Emsisoft is a good idea .
(At least for now)

-------------------

Back to original topic ,
I never use escan before , and can't understand when the license is still available ,
why they refuse allow you to upgrade to new version ?
This make no sense ..... :unsure:

If I am in your situation , I will try to protest again or try to find their manager ,
but if it doesn't work , I guess I will give up and keep using the old version ,
after the license expired , change to using other security software .

Last edited:
L

Local Host

EScan V14 is still a supported version (and getting updates), they'll only offer you a free upgrade if they drop support for V14 (same way they did to v10 users), which makes sense.

You bought a license for EScan V14, not EScan V22, it is unfair to expect other response.

Farhad24

Level 1
Mar 24, 2021
You bought a license for EScan V14, not EScan V22, it is unfair to expect other response.
free upgrades for a cyber security company is just a norm it's the way every other company works. so default thought of every customer is that it's products get free upgrades except if they mentioned this that you will not get free upgrades with buying x product.

it's not like a free 6 month trial of Ashampoo system optimizer or KerishDoctor bla bla bla. you know it's a goddamn Antivirus a one year 3 pc antivirus which they should either mention that you don't get free upgrades to new versions etc or if they don't then it means you'll get just like every single other Antivirus provider.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Hmm first of all sad to hear this bad news :cry:
The good thing is : read their AV TOS & Rules before buy it .
so...I have nothing to say dose it a way to give back your money or any blah blah?

Off-topic: why people try to suggest BuG Defender Engine (its king of Fps & bug) softwares? there is much more better softwares exist....

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
Hmm first of all sad to hear this bad news :cry:
The good thing is : read their AV TOS & Rules before buy it .
so...I have nothing to say dose it a way to give back your money or any blah blah?

Off-topic: why people try to suggest BuG Defender Engine (its king of Fps & bug) softwares? there is much more better softwares exist....
what software is better than Bitdefender according to you? Bitdefender is one of the best engines on the market. I find your comment to be a bit nonsensical. Name me better engines to see? Norton? XD, Kaspersky? XD? ESET? XD ?

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
what software is better than Bitdefender according to you? Bitdefender is one of the best engines on the market. I find your comment to be a bit nonsensical. Name me better engines to see? Norton? XD, Kaspersky? XD? ESET? XD ?
There is many more softwares do better than BD :D
less buggier less Fps less heavier, less slower.
Who said Bitdefender is one of the best?! Av testers companies? or advertising magazines?
Are you compare Norton & Kaspersky With Bitdefender?
Are U Compare Lada with Tesla? :p
come on man wake up
Norton is one of the biggest Security Company around the world ( Bitdefender is just a private Company!!)
are there any Evidence exist that show us BD Engine do better than two cyber security company? :D
about eset company I have no idea, they are same as BitDefender company (both of them are private held , who one know whats happen there) but Eset softwares is really faster & smoother & less buggy.

Last edited:

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
There is many more softwares do better than BD :D
less buggier less Fps less heavier, less slower.
Who said Bitdefender is one of the best?! Av testers companies? or advertising magazines?
Are you compare Norton & Kaspersky With Bitdefender?
Are U Compare Lada with Tesla? :p
come on man wake up
Norton is one of the biggest Security Company around the world ( Bitdefender is just a private Company!!)
are there any Evidence exist that show us BD Engine do better than two cyber security company? :D
about eset company I have no idea, they are same as BitDefender company (both of them are private held , who one know whats happen there) but Eset softwares is really faster & smoother & less buggy.
You have a slightly wrong concept. Norton is inferior in protection to Bitdefender. In most tests Bitdefender performs better in protection than Norton. Look at Amd and Intel. Amd is a company that is not even the 4th of Intel's capacity and has surpassed it, since they launched the ZEN architecture, Intel has been in trouble, ZEN 3 destroid Intel. Nothing is eternal, if the Roman Empire fell, anyone can fall. For a reason, many companies use Bitdefender as an engine. Your reflection does not make sense. I remind you that Bitdefender works on more than 500 million users.

rain2reign

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2020
//off-topic sidenote
It might be worth to note for future readers from Google that all companies that do license the Bitdefender engine do use their own in-house engine alongside it. The phenomenon is called "Dual-Engine". This is not taking into consideration their behaviour blocker.

AV-Freak

Level 1
Verified
Feb 14, 2018
You have a slightly wrong concept. Norton is inferior in protection to Bitdefender. In most tests Bitdefender performs better in protection than Norton. Look at Amd and Intel. Amd is a company that is not even the 4th of Intel's capacity and has surpassed it, since they launched the ZEN architecture, Intel has been in trouble, ZEN 3 destroid Intel. Nothing is eternal, if the Roman Empire fell, anyone can fall. For a reason, many companies use Bitdefender as an engine. Your reflection does not make sense. I remind you that Bitdefender works on more than 500 million users.
Well said. Technology stops malware and not brand names... :)

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Which tests?
Any links any Evidence?
there are tons of malwares Exist in the world may be one day BD detected them may be one day Norton detected them,detection(just detection) its not good point for called a software as good or bad!
many companies use BD Engine because their policy is good & these days most companies focus on other protection method_we know these days detection is dead & we need another Tech for bypassed threats (its good to them to get ...engine & developed another parts of its softwares!)
You may think why they do't use another engine , its clear, Well Respected companies dot love to share their technology with another company.
may be BMW do't want Ferrari detected their car formula.
in level of Norton Empire ,hmm, they are on stock , they are big company with clear funds & clear reports (because big companies with big money backbone can join stock )
BitDefender is Private held company , no one know whats happen there & no one can calculate their fund & money ( may be they are lie about their users :D )
you may see this link about their bad jobs (you may see your big & 500 milions users company leave password & usernames unencrypted , it seems hacker find a txt file yup its usernames & passwords :ROFLMAO:)

//off-topic sidenote
It might be worth to note for future readers from Google that all companies that do license the Bitdefender engine do use their own in-house engine alongside it. The phenomenon is called "Dual-Engine". This is not taking into consideration their behaviour blocker.
Qihoo & F-Secure & Vipre are removed that buggy engine.
am I free that :D

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.