0_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Without Anti-Theft

12834709600_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Last edited:

Windows Outsider

May 28, 2015
I have but when I click on download line it shows this:

Medium Security File Download Error

The system has determined you do not have the proper access to the file you tried to download. The link to the file can not be shared between users. You must be actively logged in to the site or you must provide your valid user name and password when downloading the file.

I3rYcE

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
I have but when I click on download line it shows this:

Medium Security File Download Error

The system has determined you do not have the proper access to the file you tried to download. The link to the file can not be shared between users. You must be actively logged in to the site or you must provide your valid user name and password when downloading the file.

http://www.eset.com/int/download/beta-versions/

Reactions: Windows Outsider

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
I really love the new version, but as said before there is still some improvements needed.

The GUI is too big for my liking.

I agree completely. Reminds me of Emsisoft's first version 9. They down sized it but it's still too big. ESET has a ton of empty space but in general I love it. The new detailed detections are nice. Too big but nice nonetheless. For the first release, it's pretty solid. Only spotted one spelling error. Program itself is super responsive to threats (simple file detection, didn't try it's HIPS or anything yet). No errors yet. As always, ESET is one of the very few that don't conflict with my system in anyway.

dhwan

Level 4
Verified
Jan 10, 2013
Edition 2016 Beta - Internet Security and Antivirus
http://www.eset.com/int/beta/edition2016/

Known Issues

• Upgrade from previous versions is not supported - clean installation is required
• Reset settings to default doesn’t work
• Anti-theft association message cannot be dismissed in some cases
• Anti-theft doesn’t send screenshots from webcam and desktop when a device is in missing state
• Windows 10: only build 10074 is supported
• Windows 10: firewall is blocking network connections / firewall driver fails after reinstall of the application / OS upgrade
• Installation of the beta product over different type of product is not supported (ESET NOD32 Antivirus over ESET Smart Security and vice versa)
• Firewall troubleshooting wizard counter always shows zero
• Help texts are outdated
• Banking & Payment protection frame is not always correctly displayed
• Importing certificates for SSL scanning to Firefox fails in some cases
• Only the latest versions of browsers are supported for SSL scanning
• SysInspector crashes on Windows XP

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex BK

Level 2
Verified
Apr 23, 2015
That HIPS thing really needs improvements or this version will be only an 8 with new GUI and nothing more. Also, the exclusion system needs some improvements, especially for the firewall, because I got some problems in the past with it.

Reactions: Venustus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.