Advice Request ESET Firewall and Windows Store Apps

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

nickoftime

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Feb 19, 2013
Using ESET Internet Security and liking it, but I've ran into a significant problem. Did a bit of searching (ESET's Forums too) but found no solution, only older complaints on the same issue.

When using the Firewall in Interactive mode (or Policy-based mode), there is no way to exclude Store Apps from monitoring. This leads to massive amounts of prompts, or simply broken Apps (in Policy-based mode). It is practically impossible for the user to create and maintain rules, since Store Apps keep changing their installation location.

Only solution: use the Firewall's default Automatic Mode which allows all Outbound traffic. This is disappointing honestly, unless I'm missing something?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Open ESET's Firewall rule section, click the checkmark of show pre-defined rules and see if there's any rule related to Windows Store. If yes, then drag that rule to the very top of the list. If there's no such rule, then post your issue in the ESET forum.
I may have related issue, I logged in admin account and saw notice that windows store had installed 95% and seemed frozen. tried a few things but nada. I'll look at what you suggest. thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.