Battle ESET NOD32, Emsisoft Anti-malware, Kaspersky AV , or Malwarebytes

dbzx

Level 1
Thread author
Dec 19, 2017
Hi,

I am looking to purchase an antivirus license for my new laptop. Looking for some opinions in terms of ease of use and overall protection from these softwares: ESET Nod32, Kaspersky, Emsisoft Anti-malware

I am thinking of using on of the above antivirus by itself or in conjunction with malwarebytes. Please let me know your opinions.

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
Well I went back to Avast Premier and Voodooshield Pro as my everyday protection. I used Avast Premier before but seemed to slow computer a bit. Figured I would try the new update and it's running very nice with Voodooshield., I don't have the hardened mode set in Avast though. It pays to have a ex daughter in law that is a manager Staples, I got a real good deal on Avast Premier.

D

Deleted member 178

I am considering of getting both Emsisoft and Malwarebytes Premium. Do you guys know if there will be any compatibility issues running both for real-time protection?
Not i'm aware of but be aware that Malwarebytes "wants" their product to be a full-fledge standalone AV, so expect the combo to be "invalid" in the future.

Reactions: TrinitronMSDOS

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.